Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    $3 might be a bit of an exaggeration but it seems most centerfire stuff is around $2/round there are lots of guns around here we just don't talk about it as much. Practicing with a pellet gun seems like a good idea I can already do that but I want the bang.
    Bang is good.

So I buy 300 BLK for $.71, 7.62 for $.69 and 223 for $.40. $.03 seems like a fair trade off.

I thought Canada limited air guns to <500 fps.

The air/ pellet guns are great for winter fun. They don't make holes in the house walls.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

The genius of the United States Constitution - when it frustrates the government, you know it is working. Truly, a timeless quote!

RIP Mr. Gizmo; end of watch 10/27/16. I will never forget this furball.

hvac_marc said "it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole."

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    Bang is good.

So I buy 300 BLK for $.71, 7.62 for $.69 and 223 for $.40. $.03 seems like a fair trade off.

I thought Canada limited air guns to <500 fps.

The air/ pellet guns are great for winter fun. They don't make holes in the house walls.
    Anything over 500fps and of a certain muzzle velocity or whatever are considered firearms but the regular plinking ones are available to anyone.

Post Likes
    Anything over 500fps and of a certain muzzle velocity or whatever are considered firearms but the regular plinking ones are available to anyone.
    Just asking, how can an air gun be considered a firearm?

I have breakbarrels that are almost sonic at muzzle. Most of the rest/others are 600+.

When you say plinking, what is considered plinking?

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

The genius of the United States Constitution - when it frustrates the government, you know it is working. Truly, a timeless quote!

hvac_marc said "it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole."

Post Likes
    My pellet gun does just over 1400fps....

Love the old Garands. Drilled with them in high school ROTC. Was a member of the rifle team too. Practice range right on campus! Those wuz the daze.

5. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I like the 30 cal because I can see the hole. What round costs $3?
    .375 RUM

20 rounds are $100. Every house should have one.
    This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 50 seconds.

Experience - knowing when to get the hell out of the way and plug your ears. "Don't be a sissy. Turn it on!"

Pecmsg - "NEST should only be used with 3-M filters to guarantee total destruction of the equipment!"

Poodle Head Mikey - "the world is well populated with the unknowing and the uncaring and the stupid."

7. Likes ga-hvac-tech, DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I'm not pushing any b.s. I just thought some of the gun fans here would like to know what it takes to get a gun in a country with gun laws. Coolwhip is the one that started the homo nonsense and there is a correlation between homophobia and being closeted it has been studied since the 1960ies deal with it.
    I suppose there could be some Freudian slippage going on there but sometimes what you call homophobia is normal disgust, like what happens when you watch a dog turn and lap up its own turds, wallow them around and suck them down. The defense of homosexuality is something that the left hasn’t thought through.

Would you defend a turd sucker? You know, some guy who has a craving for human excrement? “Oh well, he should be allowed to fish nuggets out of women’s commodes while women are using other stalls.” “It’s progressive you know. They deserve our respect!” Sure you would. Why wouldn’t you?

Is there no such thing as neurosis or psychosis in the left’s dictionary? Homosexuality is a mental defect and it is not genetic.
    Last edited by hvacrmedic; 03-06-2018 at 04:06 AM.

9. Likes ga-hvac-tech, DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Just asking, how can an air gun be considered a firearm?

I have breakbarrels that are almost sonic at muzzle. Most of the rest/others are 600+.

When you say plinking, what is considered plinking?
    I guess they figure if they are going to regulate a .22 they may as well lump the more powerful pellet guns in with them. Plinking is just recreational target shooting blasting away at cans, bottles, stop signs...not looking to go winning any trophies.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    .375 RUM

20 rounds are $100. Every house should have one.
    And it kicks like a mule...
    Do not ask how I know... OUCH!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    I guess they figure if they are going to regulate a .22 they may as well lump the more powerful pellet guns in with them. Plinking is just recreational target shooting blasting away at cans, bottles, stop signs...not looking to go winning any trophies.
    I wish I made the money to plink with 7.62x54.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

13. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Most of my plinking is 9mm handgun...

Which reminds me... it is gonna rain this weekend... and it has been too long since I visited the range... grin!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    I am generally using my air guns (penny a round) because I can plink in my backyard and woods. When out of town, the 22s (A dime a round) are good and inexpensive.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Post Likes
    This is where I get 'plinking' ammo...

http://enews.freedommunitions.com/q/..._cY5QM6GfrD26U

Note: If you give them your email address... you will get daily emails of sales... literally 7/365 (not kidding).
    The prices are good... and they have free freight specials regularly.

Lat time I bought 9mm reloads... it was something like $0.19 and a fraction each.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

17. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I wish I made the money to plink with 7.62x54.
    You don't have any shops selling military surplus ammo? You can get cases of the stuff for not much more than 9mm. It's not premium stuff but good enough for blasting targets.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast