Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Delta Controls Questions

Hello Everyone,

I had a call from a potential customer today asking if I could work on a Delta Controls controls system. I told him honestly I did not at present know to to operate or program Delta Controls. He apparently has had many problems with his current HVAC company and ask me to look into his Delta System.

I have experience with Johnson Controls, new and old, and Staefa, Various LON systems and the Tridium front ends.

How proprietary is the Delta System? Can I buy the software? Do they offer Training? Classes? What is the programming like?

All I know is that I need Orcaview, and that's about it.

Thanks,

Zandman

Delta Controls

Hi

Sorry dude wrong info
    Last edited by cooljoesa; 02-01-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Wrong info

cooljoesa,

Dude, he's talking about Delta controls in Delta B.C.

These guys...http://www.deltacontrols.com/

Delta uses Bacnet so no they are not proprietary. Orcaview is the software that they use to program/graphics/view the system. It's not like JCI were you need a whole software suite to do a job. You might want to ask the customer what version the controllers are. They could be 3.33, 3.30, 3.22 etc. You might not need to purchase the software, there is a good chance that the customer may already have the software on the PC that they use to view the system. Most jobs are setup this way. If they do have the software try locating the disc and read up on the technical manual, it's very good. Also anytime your in Orcaview, hit F1 to bring up the help menu, this also works really well. Delta uses line code for all programming, if-then-else, kinda stuff. Delta is very supportive to their customers and partners. If you need any more help please ask.

Quote Originally Posted by ORCA_GUY View Post
    Delta uses Bacnet so no they are not proprietary. Orcaview is the software that they use to program/graphics/view the system. It's not like JCI were you need a whole software suite to do a job. You might want to ask the customer what version the controllers are. They could be 3.33, 3.30, 3.22 etc. You might not need to purchase the software, there is a good chance that the customer may already have the software on the PC that they use to view the system. Most jobs are setup this way. If they do have the software try locating the disc and read up on the technical manual, it's very good. Also anytime your in Orcaview, hit F1 to bring up the help menu, this also works really well. Delta uses line code for all programming, if-then-else, kinda stuff. Delta is very supportive to their customers and partners. If you need any more help please ask.
    That is close to the funniest statement I have ever seen on this board! Good One!

So ORCA Man,

What other BACnet software programs can you use to program the Delta controllers?

I'm looking for a Bacnet pneumatic system.

"I'm looking for a Bacnet pneumatic system."

hey whatnoise, you better be prepared to invest in some I/P Transducers, lol

dear silversurfer
    i have some questions about delta controls
    will you please help me?
    regard
    hadi

Quote Originally Posted by outtacontrol View Post
    So ORCA Man,

What other BACnet software programs can you use to program the Delta controllers?
    I would love to see the answer to this one because Orcaview is just as much a software suite required to program Delta controllers as CCT is required for JCI BacNet controllers.
    UA Local 141

Quote Originally Posted by outtacontrol View Post
    So ORCA Man,

So if I have a Delta device I can direct connect to it, using say Hyperterminal, and program the device with out any PROPRIETARY hardware or software?
    UA Local 141

hey berg2666 -

I think they are being sarcastic.

Since LON stuff is more 'generic' multiple LON vendor's stuff can be programmed from the same software. Not the case on BACnet.

Delta uses Bacnet so no they are not proprietary.
    Currently, from what I know, all BACnet stuff needs it's own brand software to program.

Not a problem with me - I think Delta does it right.

I am so bored of people hijacking threads to argue the pro's and cons of bacnet compared to LON.

How about discussing this in a seperate thread, and focus on answering the questions people ask in ones like this.

(I sometimes don't respond to questions now as I can't be bothered to start another argument that can never be won, as half the peoples view will never be changed.)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Don't be a stupid dwarf. It's not big and it's not clever!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast