Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Go back to post #37/45 on the other thread.

Go to your outdoor unit and remove the white envelope.

Cross the information that the tech gave you and you will see in black and white that it is not charged correctly.Your head pressure is 85 psi to high.
    Your duct system may be leaking but is not the cause of the high head pressure. this is an instalation issue.

Demand to Trane that the FSR do a site visit and do not take no for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    Go back to post #37/45 on the other thread.

Go to your outdoor unit and remove the white envelope.

Cross the information that the tech gave you and you will see in black and white that it is not charged correctly.Your head pressure is 85 psi to high.
    Your duct system may be leaking but is not the cause of the high head pressure. this is an instalation issue.

Demand to Trane that the FSR do a site visit and do not take no for an answer.
    I opened the two pannels on the outdoor unit today and I didn't see a white envelope

Part of my hesitation is that I figure Trane or the FSR will just have the same company come out and try to fix the problem. Obviously they can't. I'd rather not deal with more time off from work with someone who is pissed at me and doesn't know how to fix the problem anyway. Is there any chance they will have someone from another company come out and look at the problem? If so, I'd call.

Quote Originally Posted by viche View Post
    I opened the two pannels on the outdoor unit today and I didn't see a white envelope

Part of my hesitation is that I figure Trane or the FSR will just have the same company come out and try to fix the problem. Obviously they can't. I'd rather not deal with more time off from work with someone who is pissed at me and doesn't know how to fix the problem anyway. Is there any chance they will have someone from another company come out and look at the problem? If so, I'd call.
    When you paid for the 10 year parts and labor after 90 days the dealers 2 year obligation was eliminated.

He certified to Trane that the unit was installed and performing to specs.

As we all know that is not the case. When you first called to Trane did they give you a consumer complaint #?

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    When you paid for the 10 year parts and labor after 90 days the dealers 2 year obligation was eliminated.

He certified to Trane that the unit was installed and performing to specs.

As we all know that is not the case. When you first called to Trane did they give you a consumer complaint #?
    I never lodged a complaint due to the reasons below. So you are saying that I can transfer my warranty (which was free with the system) to another company and that this is a warranty issue, not an installation issue that the original installer must handle?

Also, to add to my skepticism of this process, I spoke to our Local Trane Factory Service Rep and he was the one who said that jerry-rigging the system to 1 stage was safe as per a Trane TSB and even a good idea. He works for Lyon Conklin. Ever hear of them? So what do you do when your FSR says something like that? What I need is an advocate who understands this stuff better than an average homeowner like me and who can argue that the installation and current solution are not right.

Quote Originally Posted by viche View Post
    I never lodged a complaint due to the reasons below. So you are saying that I can transfer my warranty (which was free with the system) to another company and that this is a warranty issue, not an installation issue that the original installer must handle?

Also, to add to my skepticism of this process, I spoke to our Local Trane Factory Service Rep and he was the one who said that jerry-rigging the system to 1 stage was safe as per a Trane TSB and even a good idea. He works for Lyon Conklin. Ever hear of them? So what do you do when your FSR says something like that? What I need is an advocate who understands this stuff better than an average homeowner like me and who can argue that the installation and current solution are not right.
    Post your Email in your profile.

I find it difficult to believe that the FSR from Lyon Conklin would provide you with misleading or false information regarding this system.

The fact is that a Service Alert is in effect for the 16 SEER 2 ton system due to reversing valve issues after the completion of defrost. The system has a 6 ton switchover valve and will not always completely shift after defrost. The new systems are manufactured with a 4 ton switchover valve.

The repair that the FSR described is a temporary repair until Trane provides the updated defrost control and relays to alleviate the switchover problem on this product. This control is currently undergoing extensive testing to be certain that no other problems exist. This control will initiate second stage upon completion of defrost increasing the pressure differential across the switchover valve.

The 16 SEER product is 67% capacity(80% Airflow) first stage and 100% capacity(100% Airflow) second stage, when the jumper is placed between Y1 and Y2 on the outdoor product correctly the signal is reported to the Y2 air handler terminal to initiate 100% airflow.

Most comfort complaints regarding this product are attributed to:
    Improper refrigerant charge
    Improper wiring(Field Wiring)
    Improper thermostat setup options selected by installer
    Improper equipment match-up

Quote Originally Posted by hvac-master View Post
    I find it difficult to believe that the FSR from Lyon Conklin would provide you with misleading or false information regarding this system.

The fact is that a Service Alert is in effect for the 16 SEER 2 ton system due to reversing valve issues after the completion of defrost. The system has a 6 ton switchover valve and will not always completely shift after defrost. The new systems are manufactured with a 4 ton switchover valve.

The repair that the FSR described is a temporary repair until Trane provides the updated defrost control and relays to alleviate the switchover problem on this product. This control is currently undergoing extensive testing to be certain that no other problems exist. This control will initiate second stage upon completion of defrost increasing the pressure differential across the switchover valve.

The 16 SEER product is 67% capacity(80% Airflow) first stage and 100% capacity(100% Airflow) second stage, when the jumper is placed between Y1 and Y2 on the outdoor product correctly the signal is reported to the Y2 air handler terminal to initiate 100% airflow.

Most comfort complaints regarding this product are attributed to:
    Improper refrigerant charge
    Improper wiring(Field Wiring)
    Improper thermostat setup options selected by installer
    Improper equipment match-up

Thanks for the info. When did they start using the 4 ton switchover valve? My system is less than 2 months old.

I also have to say that I notice an occasional distinct 4th level of air speed that is not related to auxiliary heat, which i can only attribute to the system thinking its switching from the higherest fan speed in stage 1 to stage 2. If that is the case, then the air handler is beginning at 80% airflow because it thinks its in 1st stage and then switching to 100% airflow (stage 2) because it hasn't achieved temperature within the alloted time.

But I'll let you and Second Opinion discuss the matter as I am clueless really.

The product was recently placed on product hold and has since been reintroduced. The two month old system would be affected.

I will discuss this with Second Opinion offline in the interim.

The product was recently placed on product hold and has since been reintroduced. The two month old system would be affected.

Thanks!!!!

My email has been posted to my profile in case either of you needs to contact me.

i can't see that happening either.

Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Thumbs up Good stuff

VERSAGRIP awesome mastic,strong hardner,but not fast drying.
    Or Baker bros. #33 (white) for inside seals, #13 (gray) for outside tight seal great stuff
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

hvac-master,

Is the TSB being applied to all units or just ones exhibiting symptoms?

Will I be informed when the new control is ready for use and will that control work as well as if I had the new 4-ton switchover valve?

Did your offline discussion with Second Opinion yield any valuable results?

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12