another ?? mom's v73 Burnham is cracked and leaking

just got a call from mom - seems her 10 year 8 month old v73 with an indirect is now cracked and leaking.

she purchased this though the same company i bought my mpo in the summer from BUT she does not buy her oil from him and her oil company is quoting 2500.00 to change it and the company says "Burnham’s residential line are very bad quality”

isn't this a known problem with the V73s and what recourse does she have?

Thanks again for your help
    Steve

I think Burnham is still giving free V8 blocks to replace the V7's. You still have to pay for shipping and installation. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

what part of the boiler is leaking the indirect hot water tank????

Quote Originally Posted by karsthuntr View Post
    I think Burnham is still giving free V8 blocks to replace the V7's. You still have to pay for shipping and installation. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Same with our company

Thanks again guys

it's the block that's leaking

contacted the local guy who installed it and he said the same thing but his price is much more reasonable. will the new block (i assume the new block is a v83 right? ) be covered under warranty for another 10 years if something goes wrong?

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebass4 View Post
    Thanks again guys

it's the block that's leaking

contacted the local guy who installed it and he said the same thing but his price is much more reasonable. will the new block (i assume the new block is a v83 right? ) be covered under warranty for another 10 years if something goes wrong?
    Warranty...One year.. I think. I know it does't sound right, but that is what I have heard.

Last I knew, Burnham supplied a new block, customer has to pay for install/labor and whatever else pops up.

The Burnham V7 boiler in the 90's was really bad.....it's not IF they're going to leak, it's WHEN.