+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FX40 custom alarming

Post Likes

FX40 custom alarming

Is it possible to make 2 sets of alarm recipients, one for day one for night? or to say 1 class of alarm class that would only send out very important alarms during the night? I found out how to make 2 email recipients by duplicating, but the 2 alarm classes (default and JCi class) dont seem to be able to be make into custom classes that I can attach the night recipients too and only send out the most important of alams at night?
    Thanx

Post Likes
    Well if I understand your question right, why don't you make another Alarm Class called night alarms or whatever. Then take your alarms that you want to send out at night and have them go to this alarm class. Then you could send them from this alarm class to the email recipients, as well as a console recipient if you wanted.

Is this what you where asking?
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    Well if I understand your question right, why don't you make another Alarm Class called night alarms or whatever. Then take your alarms that you want to send out at night and have them go to this alarm class. Then you could send them from this alarm class to the email recipients, as well as a console recipient if you wanted.

Is this what you where asking?
    well,yeah, well kinda, i did make a third alarm class, but how and where do you pick what email recipients get messages for that class?

Post Likes
    In your alarm ext on your point at the bottom will be a place to select which alarm class to send the alarm to.

On the wiresheet of the alarm sevice add your email recipients and link them to this alarm class.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    In your alarm ext on your point at the bottom will be a place to select which alarm class to send the alarm to.

On the wiresheet of the alarm sevice add your email recipients and link them to this alarm class.
    my wire sheets are empty white pages for all 3 of my alarm classes

Post Likes
    Ok, lets back up. If you go to your alarm service under the services container and open the wiresheet you should see the default alarm class. This is where you would create another alarm class from your palette.

You would also drag your email recipients out onto this same wiresheet. Then just link your alarm class to the email recipients.

Now I use Honeywell Webs, so I am just assuming the JCI branded Jace is configured the same way.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Ok, lets back up. If you go to your alarm service under the services container and open the wiresheet you should see the default alarm class. This is where you would create another alarm class from your palette.

You would also drag your email recipients out onto this same wiresheet. Then just link your alarm class to the email recipients.

Now I use Honeywell Webs, so I am just assuming the JCI branded Jace is configured the same way.
    ok, i am doing this now. thanx

Post Likes
    I don't have too much experience with niagra alarms, but why couldn't you just set your critical alarms at a higher priority? Then set the same higher priority for your night recipient.

Post Likes

well i screwed up. i tryed playing with the alarm services wire sheet and no i can't get any alarms to go out?
    here is what I do not remember.
    when i open the wire sheet for the alarm service, it has 3 boxes. alarm console, default alarm and JC alarm class. there is one link going from alarm console to each of the boxes. the link line going to the jcalarmclass has a small grey square on the link line right before the jcalarmclass box.

I think there should be more in there?
    under email service there is a sub folder called outgoing account.

did i delete a line somewhere or was there suppossed to be an email account or outgoing account block in the wire sheet for the alarm service?

sometime i just wanna smack myself in the side of the head. Thanx

Post Likes
    Open your email palette, add email recipient to alarm wire sheet. configure email recipient. configure outgoing account under email services. link from default alarm to email recipient on alarm wire sheet. done.

Post Likes
    Kind of off topic, but. a really cool trick is to add a string writable , put it under the points list (my example is UV_ID). Add to the graphic or whatever (very handy there). "SET" the name it as much as you want however you want then add this to alarm path. It relativizes so no prob there!

%parent.parent.parent.name%/%parent.parent.parent.Points.UV_ID.out.value%/%parent.name%

and the UV_ID name will show in alarm console as such, customers dig it. and its easy to do.

EDIT: BTW this concept works with histories as well.
    Last edited by freddy-b; 02-05-2008 at 07:41 PM.

Post Likes
    Freddy, excuse my lack of understanding your reasoning, but what purpose does this serve? NOT saying it has no purpose... I just don't understand is all.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by codewriter View Post
    Freddy, excuse my lack of understanding your reasoning, but what purpose does this serve? NOT saying it has no purpose... I just don't understand is all.
    Well, our reasoning is we can keep Controller name per print Lets say UV_55, so that helps us keep the engineering standard but to the customer its Room_255 Math Classroom or IndyBlues Office. And its editable to their liking. IndyBlue gets fired , they just click on it hit set and make it Jim Millers Office and the alarms and histories dont miss a beat.
    Cause UV_55 really means nothing to him when he gets a Alarm message and hes at the Beach for example or some of the less experiened guys or gals that just monitor have a clue where the issue is actually at.

So to us and them its the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by freddy-b; 02-05-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: indyblue getting fired is more real lfe applicable!

Post Likes
    ah, gotcha, Im just slow tonight...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthingt View Post
    Open your email palette, add email recipient to alarm wire sheet. configure email recipient. configure outgoing account under email services. link from default alarm to email recipient on alarm wire sheet. done.
    ok, am doing that now. i will get back to you soon with results

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmud View Post
    your first 4 words confuse me? do you mean open my nav panel and select config and then services? then wire sheet for alarm service?
    Goto the sidebar icon on the tool bar, drop it down and select pallette. Then another window appears on the sidebar then hit the folder icon a box pops up and go to Email select it then you will see the PM's in the new side bar window. Then drag what you need to wiresheet. Connect and go to town.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Goto the sidebar icon on the tool bar, drop it down and select pallette. Then another window appears on the sidebar then hit the folder icon a box pops up and go to Email select it then you will see the PM's in the new side bar window. Then drag what you need to wiresheet. Connect and go to town.
    thanxFred, i edited my post when i figured that out

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmud View Post
    thanxFred, i edited my post when i figured that out
    Ok, i cant get a single alarm to go out. another thing, this am when switching the n2 line back onto the fx40 (i have to leave it on my old ncm unit for alarming at night till i fix this) it took over 1/2 hour for all (13) the dx units to go online. used to take 20 seconds or so. could i have messed somthing up with that while fooling with the alarm stuff?
    here is what my wire sheet looks like:

I did try running the link to the default class alarm first like you said, but that didnt work either.

Thanx to anyone that wants to take the time to help me out. But i have to get this thing sending out alarms again

Post Likes
    Well that looks ok. Do you have the alarms that you want to email out set to the JCI Alarm Class in the alarm ext on the point? Make sure that in the email recipient you have selected the outgoing account.

Also can you post a screenshot of the property sheet for the outgoing account, so we can make sure that is setup right. Make sure to set Use Authentication in the outgoing account property sheet to true, most mail servers require authentication. Also make sure you have a reply to address in the property sheet.

Turn the email service to trace in the log setup. Right click on the outgoing account and go to actions>send and you will be able to queue a test email. Send it and watch the station output.
    Go Rangers!

Post Likes
    Well that looks ok. Do you have the alarms that you want to email out set to the JCI Alarm Class in the alarm ext on the point? Make sure that in the email recipient you have selected the outgoing account.

Also can you post a screenshot of the property sheet for the outgoing account, so we can make sure that is setup right. Make sure to set Use Authentication in the outgoing account property sheet to true, most mail servers require authentication. Also make sure you have a reply to address in the property sheet.

Turn the email service to trace in the log setup. Right click on the outgoing account and go to actions>send and you will be able to queue a test email. Send it and watch the station output.
    Ok cool, i had changed the reply to address to the words FX40 Alarm, so i would see that on my phone. when I changed that back to a reply to address it sent out an email to my gmail account. so that was definetly a problem, thanx, i still have to find out why the 2 att phones didnt get a text message.
    more importantly, I would love to do the trace like your last paragraph said, but how do i turn the email account to trace? i cannot find log setup. Thanx

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in