tracer backup/restore

Hello, I am the tech assigned to a building with a tracer control system in it, the system is acting strange I am loosing control over some of the equipment. I have confirmed that one of the communication busses has failed. I had a programmer come in and move the equipment from that bus to another one that is working, all was well. Until an electrician moved the tracer panel, now its screwy, I wanted to restore a backup of the programming data that was backed up using pcl/pcm edit software. I am not sure how to perform the restoration of data. Please help !

Guess im not following which you need. Tracer and PCM/PCL are 2 totally different items. What panel was moved? Was it a BCU or was it a PCM.

Data shouldnt have been lost by simply powering the panel down and moving it. So not sure why you need to restore the programming. Sounds like you have something else going on that may need to be investigated more to why your stuff isnt working.

You need PCL EDIT software, the Trane cable, and a copy of the backup file from your Tracer.

Good news / Bad news
    Is this a BCU or Tracer 100 panel how long was it powered down for and if it's 100 panel did you have new batteries? Now for the Good news if it's a bcu nothing should be wrong, Bad news if it's a 100 panel & old batteries
    your going to have to find someone with PCL Edit and download your old copy of your database or re-program the panel from scratch.

I believe it is a tracer 100 panel I am not sure how long it was disconnected from power, or how old the batteries are. I have a copy of the pcl edit software , I am just not sure how to perform the restore, its not exactly intuitive, know what I mean ?
    john

Thanks for all the replies.I have all the pieces to the puzzle, I am having a hard time finding the place in the program that performs the restore, or allows it.

Git yerself a TRANE tech!

I did get a tech meeting him on Monday morning. I was just hoping I could find the answer myself.. please continue with any input you may feel is helpful have any of you guys ever done a restore of backed up data ?

Software

Hey I think if you need to back up PCM or UPCM's you will need the PCM software and the UPCM software. There are seperate cables for each. First off there is a 25 pin to 9 pin for a PCM. You will have to follow the guidelines in the PCM programming guide on how to solder the pins. Also there is a UPCM cable that I believe is a 9 pin to RJ45. When setting up either the PCM or UPCM software please be aware of what Com port u will be using. It must be 1 or 2. It is generally 1. I would recommend reading through the PCM guide on how to back these up. It is a little bit on the tedious side.

Thanks jonny, I have the cables and the software, so that is not the problem I have even performed the data backups I just don't know how to restore the data, I am not really sure if it will help me to do the data restore but I figured what the hell, right ? I can't seem to figure out how. I am sure the solution is staring me right in the face too just pointing and laughing...

#1 - Login the PCL EDIT program: type LOGIN then pass is 1111 [default].
    #2 - create a Tracer in your computer. the name should match the .sav file you have from your backup.
    #3 - in Communications menu select Restore and choose you backup to restore.

BAS_Tech must work for Trane.If your not gonna help than go somewhere else and get a life.