Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by toptek View Post
    If trane gets there cabinets from the same place as goodman. Why are goodman cabinets so thin? And why are the screw holes striped from factory? Not bashing. just replying to thread.
    o.k. so your not bashing. But, this is only the third post you've complained about stripped Goodman screw holes. I have not encountered a new Goodman that I have installed with stripped screw holes. I have however encountered many brands of units that have stripped screw holes after an idiot hack comes along and zips them in full boar with a screw gun!

O God will he bleeding ever stop?
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.” –Albert Einstein

“Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.”-Vernon Law

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    There has never been a recall on any Goodman furnace. I am also not aware of any secondary heat exchanger issues. There is a furnace replacement program for existing Goodman furnaces that have the older style clam shell heat exchangers that some other manufacturers still use, but that is not a recall and only furnaces with high temperature issues are affected.
    There was a service bulletin on the 90% plus furnaces, ALL the secondary combustion covers cracked, I had them all OVER the place,this was is 2003 or 04, I will send you the bulletin if you like. They paid us to fix them, perhaps the word "recall" was not right. never the less, I had a lot of explaining to do to a lot of people. water leaks and combustion fans falling off the covers. I have installed the newer grey cabinet models since, but have decided to go with one brand. I am not bashing this company, they gave me credit when no one else would when I first started out, but certain things haven't changed, so I moved on. Isn't the lifetime warranty for the original purchaser only? as in nontransferable?
    Last edited by geodude; 02-11-2008 at 12:34 AM. Reason: my fingers! my fingers!
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy37 View Post
    o.k. so your not bashing. But, this is only the third post you've complained about stripped Goodman screw holes. I have not encountered a new Goodman that I have installed with stripped screw holes. I have however encountered many brands of units that have stripped screw holes after an idiot hack comes along and zips them in full boar with a screw gun!
    Perhaps the stripped screw holes are a west coast phenomenon , because of the long trip from the factory and thinner sheetmetal cabinets.

Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    There was a service bulletin on the 90% plus furnaces, ALL the secondary combustion covers cracked, I had them all OVER the place,this was is 2003 or 04, I will send you the bulletin if you like. They paid us to fix them, perhaps the word "recall" was not right. never the less, I had a lot of explaining to do to a lot of people. water leaks and combustion fans falling off the covers. I have installed the newer grey cabinet models since, but have decided to go with one brand. I am not bashing this company, they gave me credit when no one else would when I first started out, but certain things haven't changed, so I moved on. Isn't the lifetime warranty for the original purchaser only? as in nontransferable?
    You are correct. When the GMNT first came out there was a problem with the way the vendor manufactured the collector box. You are also correct that Goodman paid contractors to replace that collector box. Lastly, you are correct that "recall" is not the proper term. Recall means that the entire furnace was taken off of the market.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    You are correct. When the GMNT first came out there was a problem with the way the vendor manufactured the collector box. You are also correct that Goodman paid contractors to replace that collector box. Lastly, you are correct that "recall" is not the proper term. Recall means that the entire furnace was taken off of the market.
    Thanks man

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123