Thread: RBI boilers

Post Likes

RBI boilers

Does anyone have experiance with RBI boilers and are they a good unit?

Post Likes
    Depends on the application. We have two for domestic hot water and 2 cast iron units that have proven to be pretty reliable.

Post Likes
    These will be used for a heating application. How long have yours been in use?

Post Likes
    I service RBI boilers at two nursing homes, four units are 7 years and four are 5 years old, have not had any major problems yet just flame sensors this year and the odd flow switch. I think they are well built and simple to service. Mine are two stage not modulating, two for heat two for domestic in each building.

Post Likes
    I have two LCD Dominator 750's and they are a huge POS. ( two Stage ) you couldn't give them to me for free. The control panel is cramped to say the lest and nothing is labeled. I had to go to the dealer to get a wiring diagram. because of the goofy Canada Manufacture the Ignition module is call "flame Sensor Module". Which leads the Dealer to give me two Modules when I asked for two flame sensors. Combination of stupid naming convention and a noob parts guys. equals I have to pay a restocking fee. I'm not boiler guy but I don't like them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ctrussell View Post
    These will be used for a heating application. How long have yours been in use?
    The oldest unit is 10 years. Like chiller32 said, the wiring diagrams and control modules are not what we're used to seeing, but once I got a schematic of the wiring, it's pretty simple. I have not had any 2 stage or even modulating RBI's. They are all cast iron, atmospheric burner types. I would say that they are about equal with a Burnham boiler for that application.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slimwoodie View Post
    Why would you reply that?? what good are you to tecks that are looking for info?? you give good tecks a bad rep when you do that. If you dont have anthing to say don't answer the question!!
    If you find it bad 3 different ways- ~its bad~

Post Likes
    i tried to post a picture, assbite

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by habs View Post
    I service RBI boilers at two nursing homes, four units are 7 years and four are 5 years old, have not had any major problems yet just flame sensors this year and the odd flow switch. I think they are well built and simple to service. Mine are two stage not modulating, two for heat two for domestic in each building.
    i have a lwo600 that fires only when the chamber door is loose or off..yes its tagged out ever see that before

Post Likes
    im new to the site i service a large selection off water heaters and biolers. i have a rbi lcd model lwo600 two stage. thats firing with the chamber door off... i dont as yet have a wiring diagram..any one delt with this before

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in