Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by s012adh View Post
    Which panel is the dip switches behind? When I'm looking at it, I see a big panel on the right side with the cover to the breakers. Then to the left of it, there's a couple of smaller panels. I didn't want to just start taking off panels so I figured I would ask first.

Also, is it common for there to be a humming noise coming from the air handler when the air isn't even running?
    The large panel.

Yes the hum you hear is the transformer.

Take several pics so we can see the dip switches and control wires clearly.

The filters were changed a little over a month ago and still look good as new. They are pleated. The size of them is 12x12x1. No, I do not run the fan continuously. I just have it set to come on when the heat comes on.

I got home late from work today but will try to get pictures taken tomorrow or Friday after work.

Tonight I noticed something interesting...When the heat pump goes into defrost mode, the temperature that comes out of the register drops significantly (back to close to the temperature of the air that is in the house). Once it is done defrosting, the temperature goes back up to what it was before the defrost cycle. Is this normal?

The filters were changed a little over a month ago and still look good as new. They are pleated. The size of them is 12x12x1. No, I do not run the fan continuously. I just have it set to come on when the heat comes on.

I got home late from work today but will try to get pictures taken tomorrow or Friday after work.
    number of filters?

3 filters (2 returns upstairs and 1 return downstairs)

Tonight I noticed something interesting...When the heat pump goes into defrost mode, the temperature that comes out of the register drops significantly (back to close to the temperature of the air that is in the house). Once it is done defrosting, the temperature goes back up to what it was before the defrost cycle. Is this normal?
    Sounds like something is not wired up right.. The heat strips should turn on when it goes into defrost....

Now I'm beginning to wonder if anything else is wired up wrong...

I have noticed a few times (but definitely not near all the time) but didn't think much of it then that when the heat (or air) first comes on, the air seems to blow at the "normal" rate for a second or two before kicking back down to the level it's supposed to run at for the first minute or two before ramping up to the "normal" level. Is this normal or could something else be wired incorrectly?

Now I'm beginning to wonder if anything else is wired up wrong...

I have noticed a few times (but definitely not near all the time) but didn't think much of it then that when the heat (or air) first comes on, the air seems to blow at the "normal" rate for a second or two before kicking back down to the level it's supposed to run at for the first minute or two before ramping up to the "normal" level. Is this normal or could something else be wired incorrectly?
    Post clear pictures and we can help.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    3 filters (2 returns upstairs and 1 return downstairs)
    Should to 24X24 total minimum,so on the small side,plus who knows what duct sizes.

3M filters??

THIS IS NORMAL- DEFROST IS DONE IN THE AC MODE. IF WIRED PROPERLY YOU SHOULD BE USING ELECTIC HEAT WHILE SYSTEM IS IN DEFROST. DEPENDING ON THE WATTAGE OF THE STRIP HEAT, THE END RESULT IS THEY MAY CANCEL EACH OTHER OUT.

I took several pics yesterday afternoon and have uploaded them to a web site...I tried uploading them here directly but every time I tried, it just said the upload failed so I don't know what the problem is with the board. Here are the pics:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...rnace_pic1.jpg
    http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...rnace_pic2.jpg
    http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...rnace_pic3.jpg
    http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...rnace_pic4.jpg
    http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...rnace_pic5.jpg

If anyone needs the original, full-sized 8 megapixel pictures, just let me know. Thanks!

When the heat pump is in the defrost mode and aux heat should be running, should the thermostat show that it's using aux heat? Whenever it is in defrost mode, it never shows "aux heat on" on the thermostat.

The dip switches are configured for a 3.5 ton, assuming they did actually measure the airflow at 1202 cfm, that is a non issue, at worst you are moving 150 extra cfm and that would not cause the issues you are having

The wiring appears to be correct, assuming the thermostat and outdoor unit are wired accordingly

Some of the honeywell models do not show the aux heat indicator when the system is in defrost

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast