+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Visio Stencil Forum?

Post Likes

Thumbs up

orion242,

Could you please send the link to me as well. I work with Visio all of the time, but my current stencils are out-dated.

Thanks,
    Wolfo

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lwarren View Post
    Orion -

Could you send me the stencils as well, thanks in advance.
    I haven't rec'd. the file yet, either.

Post Likes
    you got mail

Post Likes
    Would be possibe to send me the stencils as well? I have old ones and the need to be updated too.

thanks

Post Likes
    Could I also have them?

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    you got mail
    thx., appreciate the effort. Now all's i have to do is get a copy of visio to open it with.

Post Likes
    no email in profile habs

Post Likes
    Do to the overwhelming response for these I’m going to setup a new FTP for them. Should be up and running by tomorrow. If anyone has some they want to share you will be able to send them over.

This is a huge collection of stencils that covers many different parts and pieces. It will take some time for a person to sort them out and decide what they really want.

As I said before I cannot vouch for the copyright status on any of them. I will serve them up until the first cease and desist letter graces my email.

Post Likes
    Sorry, it is there now.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Thanks for the effort and expense Alex it is greatly appreciated.
    Being a Acad guy I have a heap to learn using Visio my first attempt to bring in some of my Acad stuff failed miserably but i think learning Visio will be worth it in th end.
    thanks again
    Kevin

Post Likes

Thumbs up FTP site

Quote Originally Posted by habs View Post
    Sorry, it is there now.

Thanks
    What is the FTP URL?
    Thanks. Mike

Post Likes
    hvac08.serveftp.net

u: hvactalk
    p: hvactalk2008

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin stone View Post
    Being a Acad guy I have a heap to learn using Visio my first attempt to bring in some of my Acad stuff failed miserably but i think learning Visio will be worth it in th end.
    thanks again
    Kevin

Importing Acad can be a pain. Visio sometimes chokes on layers and such. You may want to create a new dwg and merge everything you want in visio to a single layer and then import. The import in Visio will only work with certain versions of acad. Also make sure you save the drawing with everything visible before you import, ie zoom correct etc. You will have to RTFM, as my memory is fading on the import.

I find it pretty easy to take a pdf of the part I want and convert it to a picture. Then import it into visio. Put the picture on a layer by itself and lock it. Then just trace over it. I can usually whip up a fairly complicated part in 30 minutes this way, but I'm pretty good with the drawing tools in Visio.

What I would like to know is how to make "smart shapes". I have several that I can drag on the page, right click and turn them into just about anything. These are very useful for airflow diagrams. Drop several sensors on the duct, then right click and define temp sensor, fstat, damper, humidistat, etc.

Post Likes

201 stencil

Does anybody have a stencil for any of the tridium products
    403, 201 i/o module ect
    thanks
    Kevin

Post Likes
    Hey Orion. I cant get connected to that FTP........ can you link me up with where its at?

Thanks.

Post Likes
    never mind it worked.... my bad.

Post Likes
    For anyone interested. I noticed some folks were having a hard time downloading from Orion242's FTP site. I also noticed that some of the stencils were saved in Visio 2003 format and in some previous posts some folks had mentioned they needed stencils in 2000/2002 format.

So check here:

http://www.esnips.com/user/osiyo53

and look for the folder named "Visio Stuff".

There you'll find copies of Orion's collection. In 2000/2002 format.

Post Likes
    Well first hint is not to use a web browser to FTP. They will default to anonymous logons and get promptly banned for an hour after 5 failures. Sorry, but I have to defend against plenty of pricks.

Get filezilla as a free ftp client. It has plenty of features that you will not find in any browser, and it will not default to anon connections.

http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Plenty of people have happily connected, most (95&#37 failures have been anonymous logons that keep retrying till they get banned.
    Last edited by orion242; 02-10-2008 at 01:47 AM.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Well first hint is not to use a web browser to FTP. They will default to anonymous logons and get promptly banned for an hour after 5 failures. Sorry, but I have to defend against plenty of pricks.

Get filezilla as a free ftp client. It has plenty of features that you will not find in any browser, and it will not default to anon connections.

http://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client

Plenty of people have happily connected, most (95%) failures have been anonymous logons that keep retrying till they get banned.
    Correct. And in fact I use Filezilla. Used it to download your collection.

Nor do I intend for my site to replace yours as the better place for getting, and keeping, collections of Visio stencils. I'm unlikely to keep the Visio collection at my site updated. Not the reason I started an account at that site.

Post Likes
    orions dead on, get filezilla. IE7 will not let you connect to a FTP site and currently there is no fix

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in