Post Likes

Delta aquires Loytec and Delta

Post Likes
    Acquisitions are a quick way to boost revenues, and thus, stock price. Delta Electronics now has access to Delta Controls' customer base and well-built North American distribution network - this should, in theory, make it easier to push their other products. And by buying Loytec, they might think they can start moving Delta Controls product through Loytec's overseas distribution channel.

Product integration likely has little to do with it. I'd imagine the parent company just wants to show bigger revenue numbers and grow their distribution base.

Post Likes
    Wow!
    Two of the best products in the HVAC controls market now owned by the same company.
    This is exciting news.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Post Likes
    It is interesting as well at the ASHRAE 2015 show how Delta's products looked a lot like Loytec's....
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Interesting. Wonder if they consolidate things or leave it alone.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    I'm on good terms with a few folks from Delta Controls. Looks like this is a best case scenario. From what I'm told, it was only a matter of time before the owners were going to pack it in, and there's been some speculation as to what would happen when that happens.
    Delta Electronics didn't really have any DDC control line to speak of and was looking to acquire instead of develop. They're really pushing the whole 'green is good, save the world, reduce emmissions' line. The owners of Delta Controls were looking to sell, but not just to anyone. See, given they're a profitable company, there wasn't any desparation. The Delta Controls owners were quietly seeking out a company who they thought would be a good parent company that wouldn't dismantle or mess up the Delta set up. Looks like they matched up with Delta Electronics (same name, go figure).

So for now, it looks like business as usual. I'd bet that Delta Electronics will dump some money into Delta Controls to beef up some of what they do, but from what I'm told, there's no shake up or dismantling going to come.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtplumbing88 View Post
    there's no shake up or dismantling going to come.
    do you seriously think that they will keep the manufacturing in Canada?

Post Likes
    Or keep 2+ marketing, R&D, admin teams?

Manufacturing costs will be lower to use the same lines. Less staff needed to use common hardware platforms, less R&D. Do they need 2-3 HR departments.... Common software platform between the two maybe?

Maybe they stay the course. My guess is that's the line of BS from high up to prevent the mass exodus, as time goes on things slowly consolidate. Money is money, and profit talks. HR, IT, and support get the squeeze first. Sales get "crossed trained" and the eliminated based on performance. Then R&D gets forced to consolidate and use a common platform, redundancy weeded out afterwards.

Wouldn't it be "greener" if they didn't have as many employees and less building sqft creating Co2 emissions?

How's the Trane guys liking the IR buyout these days?
    Last edited by orion242; 05-24-2016 at 10:06 PM.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    How do you say pink slips in chinese?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    do you seriously think that they will keep the manufacturing in Canada?
    This was my first thought as well.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Post Likes
    Yep, I do. These guys (Delta Electronics) tried for the better part of 10 years to make their own line of DDC controls using all their resources, including access to manufacturing all over the world, and could not break into the market. It's totally different than what they do normally. So, why would they take a successful company they purposely bought to come with built in business channel just to go right back to what they tried to do and fail? Doesn't make sense they would mess it up for themselves, but more likely they would dump money to expand a winner. I guess we'll see.