Trane Comm4 Driver. Need JACE setup assistance

Trane Comm4 Driver. Need JACE setup assistance

Hardware is a Tracer 100l that has about 25 or so TUC's and two UPCM's. I have a Comm4 driver and a JACE (FX60) with a Aux comm card setup. I cannot discover any devices. The discover bar works but no devices discovered. I am sure it is a setup issue. The Tracer connection thru HyperTerminal or equivalent was 2400. What does the Comm4 trunk communicate at? The Tracer was installed in 2000 and has a comm4 card. I installed it back then. Of course the Trane comm trunk is 2 wire and JACE is a tree wire RS485.I can only guess at the wiring. I am no longer working with Trane and trying to remember to much these days. Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks

A few simple things.......why are you guessing at the wiring? Comm4 has a positive and a negative just like you RS485 port. You sure you have the right com port entered in your driver setup (the default is none)? What version of the driver do you have....hopefully 3.7.46.5

Not 100%, maybe a Trane Guru can chime in. I believe the UPCM's and TUC's on Tracer 100 are Comm3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Jinn (Star Wars Episode 1)
    "The ablilty to speak does not make you intelligent!"

I have the driver setup on port4 which matches the placement of the comm card on the JACE. Generally if the port assignment is incorrect then the discover bar won't function. I do have the newest version of 3.7 from IFC. If this can work temporarily then I have proven to the customer and can get this project as well as much more to come. The wiring is + and -. Assuming that - goes to ref and plus goes to + or + to + and - to - seems logical. I have experienced other drivers that do not function that way as mentioned in the second example. Thank you for your reply. I tried the wiring on both and setup for 9600 baud and 1200 and 2400 and had no success. Thank you for your assistance. Sounds like you've done this before.

I have verified that Tuc's and UPCM's are comm4. I was the one that installed the comm card and reviewed some old drawings that Trane left behind. Thanks

You have a BCU on the network? And if so, is off the network. I have had mixed results with leaving it on. I'll assume you have no license for the driver, yet. So remember you only have 2 hours after the station starts to use it.

And yes the job log will show OK with the wrong port selected.

Here is a pic of my network setting for my last jobs........it was 2 TUC's, 2 UPCM's, and 26 UCM3's.

Name:  Trane.png
Views: 215
Size:  89.9 KB

Boy it sure looks like I had things setup right. It is apparent I missed something. Sometimes it is easy to overlook simple things. I will start from scratch and try again. This seems so simple. I will triple check the port placement and schedule a return visit. Thanks for all your assistance. I will post results when I am finished.

Who supplies this comm4, "2hr demo" driver?

Quote Originally Posted by controlgeek View Post

Thank you.