Post Likes

Any way to use a USB FT-10 on a AX server

I've heard rumors that is possible to get a license for the USB FT-10 Lon adapter for an AX server. Can anyone validate this or suggest how I might get this license? Distech claims it isn't real.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLLC4Life View Post
    I've heard rumors that is possible to get a license for the USB FT-10 Lon adapter for an AX server. Can anyone validate this or suggest how I might get this license? Distech claims it isn't real.
    Fieldbus drivers are not licensed on SoftJACEs or Supervisors.
    Maybe Tridum used to allow such a thing in the past, but I'm assuming OEMs don't have a part # for it.

Unless of course the rumor you heard is from someone running a demo license (expires yearly).

You could however, use lonIp (EIA-852).IP based drivers can be licensed on SoftJACEs or Supervisors. That will work with either a Loytec LIP, or an echelon iLON600.

Or you know, LON is dead and you're smoking crack.

Post Likes
    It is a 10 year old job that has a antiquated, PC based Lon software. I'd rather not have to mess with Lon routers, but may have no choice. That is an unnecessary level of complexity.

Post Likes
    LonIP is just an extension of regular Niagara Lonworks driver. So if you license LonIP, Lonworks (via FT-10) will work as well.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pault View Post
    LonIP is just an extension of regular Niagara Lonworks driver. So if you license LonIP, Lonworks (via FT-10) will work as well.
    Are you sure about that? The new pricing structure I'm see for supervisors includes Lon and BACnet IP by default. Seems unlikely that would allow me to use a USB device.

Post Likes
    I haven't tried it myself, but I'm pretty sure (say 99%). LonIP extends Lonworks, so there is no way they could allow one without another. Of course, this is not officially supported.
    It's all about AX 3.8 and before -- don't know about N4.

Post Likes
    99.99% sure supervisors are restricted to Ethernet based drivers.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Yes, Supervisors do not have license feature "serial", which effectively prohibits all com-port based drivers.

Lonworks does not use com port, so in a sense it is not a serial driver.

Post Likes
    separately licensed features:
    <feature name="lonIp" expiration="2017-03-31" history.limit="none" point.limit="none" schedule.limit="none" device.limit="none"/>
    <feature name="lonworks" expiration="2017-03-31" history.limit="none" point.limit="none" schedule.limit="none" device.limit="none"/>

Post Likes
    LonIp will not work if both features are not licensed.