+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vac pump and rig

Post Likes

vac pump and rig

right now i have a two stage 5cfm infinicon pump but lately i noticed it is not pumping down like it used to. i expected this as it was a cheap pump at the time. now im looking to invest in a well built pump and i am looking for suggestions. maybe even some advice for a improving my vacuum rig. right now im just pure residential 5ton and down.

cheers

Post Likes
    What are you using to connect your pump to the system?
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    I've had a JB eliminator since I started and it has served well.

But - before that, when is the last time you invested in an oil change?

Post Likes
    i have the titan manifold 4 valve set with 5' ball valve hoses and a yj super evac micron gauge. i change my oil after every job and if its a long pump down ill change it half way through.

Post Likes
    I've still got my original JB that I bought in 1979. A second JB came my way for $150 in 1982, from a tech's widow. (still have it) Also have a Ritchie that is heavier than my ex wife. Now using an eliminator every day in my van. Still like my JBs the best. Biggest problem I see are not enough oil changes and guys trying to evacuate with rubber hoses.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Post Likes
    Tip: Get rid of the manifold and long hoses. Get Vac Rated Hoses and Connect Directly Pump to System.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck0norris10 View Post
    i have the titan manifold 4 valve set with 5' ball valve hoses and a yj super evac micron gauge. i change my oil after every job and if its a long pump down ill change it half way through.
    You're likely leaking under vacuum through the manifold and hoses. Get a vacuum hose and connect to pump. Save the manifold for charging.

Post Likes
    so would you have spliters at the service valves with ball vales to separate the vacuum system from the charging system.

Post Likes
    so would you have spliters at the service valves with ball vales to separate the vacuum system from the charging system.

http://www.appioninc.com/products/vctfeatures.html

Use two.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Yep. Those are my favorite.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    ill be picking up those monday morning. what do you guys think of the yellow jacket superevac 8cfm pump as another option?

Post Likes
    ill be picking up those monday morning. what do you guys think of the yellow jacket superevac 8cfm pump as another option?

Used one for years. Still sitting in the garage, waiting for my cheap, lazy *** to buy a new coupling for it.

Using a JB eliminator right now. I like the built in fittings on the JB vs the home-built rigup I had to do on the YJ.

Dead tough pumps both of them.

Post Likes
    Agree with the others. Lose the manifold when pulling a vacuum. I am partial to the JB's. They have been bulletproof for us. We have between 15-20 of the 7 and 10 CFM Platinums in service at the moment that get heavily used and all still going strong. I like the metal handle, the built-in fittings and the rugged construction. They can handle the abuse. No plastic on them. I hate plastic crap.

Post Likes
    i am not partial to plastic either, why did the refrigeration trade have to be so "cool" to get into. all these expensive toys

Post Likes
    Not much. Go with the JB, or if you want to spend some $$$ a tez8 Appion.

Post Likes
    i have two yellow jacket super evac system 1's. i use a supco vg64 micron gauge. Don't ever use a manifold for vacuum. They leak under vacuum and will not pull low enough.

Post Likes
    in residential will i notice a big difference between a 7 cfm and a 10 cfm ?

Post Likes
    in residential will i notice a big difference between a 7 cfm and a 10 cfm ?
    not at all

Post Likes
    ya what is the deal with manifolds. they can be under pressure and not leak. put them in a vacuum all bets r off

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohead View Post
    ya what is the deal with manifolds. they can be under pressure and not leak. put them in a vacuum all bets r off

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
    not sure but i believe it is the valve packing. The seals actually seal from the pressure pushing from the inside out. Vacuum pulling inward probably unseats the seals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in