Thread: New system line vibration

Post Likes

New system line vibration

Hi you all and thank you. Had a new split system installed 4th of July lucky me. When it is over 100 deg decisions are quick and decided replace my 14 yr old r22 to r410 now than later since it's the first repair ever and more to come. The new 5 ton 13 seer works great and cools the house faster than old one. The contractor is really reputable around town and hooked me quick during busy season. But those noisy buzzing lines where they enter the house living room by TV is annoying and was not there before. They did do line flush kit and nitro blast my lines are approx 30-40 feet. Had a young tech out couple times on this he thinks unit and install is ok. I'm going to cut some dry wall and make sure line ain't touching nothing and sound proof wall. After looking more close outside at lines entering house after removing tape and insulation I noticed the cold 3/4 line was crimped some. They did have to bend the lines down and to the right more because different location. My cooling is great but would this bent/crimp line affect line noise. I'll try and post pictures. Tired of bothering Installer if it's on me.

Post Likes
    I'm trying to attach some photos. Also when I put my hand on the wall you can feel vibrations well through the drywall. thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Somewhere in Las Vegas there is a Maytag HVAC Tech in the middle of July with nothing to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    I wouldn't worry about the bent line. It is not going to effect operation of any measurable difference. Kinda looks Undesirable as the unit is not centered on the pad.

Post Likes
    I was had to install a big heavy piece of hard rubber on the refrigerant lines right after the compressor due to vibration issues. The item was actually made for this purpose and sold at the supply house.
    An answer without a question is meaningless.
    Information without understanding is useless.
    You can lead a horse to water............
    http://www.mohomeenergyaudits.com

Post Likes
    Thanks yea think I'll go ahead and Sound proof the walls. The installer had to move the condenser further back to allow shorter lines to connect. The old unit had lines coming out going to farthest corner near the fence the lines was more straight. Just the pains of upgrading . But the new system cools great. AC makes Vegas Sin City without it it would be Hell City.

Post Likes
    They also make a "vibration eliminator", sort of flexible but you would have to braze it in.
    Quote Originally Posted by tipsrfine View Post
    I was had to install a big heavy piece of hard rubber on the refrigerant lines right after the compressor due to vibration issues. The item was actually made for this purpose and sold at the supply house.

Post Likes
    If you open the wall up, have same contractor out to fix the kink cause it is not good to have it.
    $$$ is between you and your contractor.

Post Likes
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Not much of a kink. Might cause more problems to repair it than it is worth.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in