Fresh Air Intake

I just had my Aprilaire 1850 whole house dehumidifier installed. The fresh air intake option is how many minutes per hour. What is the recommended minutes per hour for fresh air?

Quote Originally Posted by loudog2 View Post
    I just had my Aprilaire 1850 whole house dehumidifier installed. The fresh air intake option is how many minutes per hour. What is the recommended minutes per hour for fresh air?
    The idea is to have a fresh air change in 4-5 hours when the home is occupied. You must estimate the amount of fresh air you are getting, figure the total volume of the home including basement, and then operate the fresh to meet the need. No need for fresh air when the home is unoccupied.
    How is the humidity control working for you and your climate?
    Keep us posted.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    The idea is to have a fresh air change in 4-5 hours when the home is occupied. You must estimate the amount of fresh air you are getting, figure the total volume of the home including basement, and then operate the fresh to meet the need. No need for fresh air when the home is unoccupied.
    How is the humidity control working for you and your climate?
    Keep us posted.
    Regards TB
    The unit is working great. Humidity is steady at 44-45%. I am in the western suburbs of Chicago. I am still figuring the controls out. It is connected to the lennox icomfort stat right now. But I read that it will only dehumidify and ventilate with a prior cooling call in external control mode. Debating taking it off the stat so it dehumidifies and ventilated all the time even with no heat/cooling call.

As for the fresh air intake. The only option on the unit is minutes per hour. So I need to figure out how not to ventilate when the house is not occupied. When connected to the icomfort, it won't run if I set the system to off. That's the only way. I have the aprilaire 6506 motorized damper connected with the temp sensor. So it won't ventilate above 90 degrees and below 0 degrees either.

Right now it is set to 5 min per hour. Is that satisfactory? My house is about 2600sqft of living space with finished basement.