+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good Learning Site

Post Likes

Good Learning Site

First post, just finished school, been in the field for 5 months now. Still much I don't understand like I would like. Been searching Google and YouTube hoping to find a decent learning aid. But of course no luck. Can anyone make any suggestions? Also, any advice anyone would like to share? Thanks

Post Likes
    Become a pro member on this site, you'll learn more than anywhere else.

Post Likes
    Look up David Jones with Jones Heating and Air Conditioning on YouTube. He does a lot of informational videos on various issues, which I found to be a neat resource when I was in school and still learning. It's difficult to put what you know to practice without seeing things first hand. It certainly isn't comprehensive, but his videos are short and to the point.

Post Likes
    Fritz Rochester has some good YouTube videos there's some others over there that are good but I can't think of the names right now.

Post Likes
    On the electrical side, EEVblog is one of the best resources out there. Aussie50 has more random electrical and mechanical stuff, including a few compressor teardowns.

Post Likes
    Get your post count up so you can apply for Professional status here on HVAC-Talk. The Pro threads have a lot more in-depth and hands on discussions than you will find in the open areas. Also the Educational Forums contain thousands of links to manufacturers' info, articles and HVACR reference material.

Another good tip to help you learn is when you're out in the field, take note of the equipment and materials you see and work with. Get the brand and model numbers, then go look them up on line. Read the Installation and Operation manual for the heat pump you installed yesterday. Study the tech instructions for the brazing rod you used today. Download some bulletins from Sporlan and learn how expansion valve really work. You'll be surprised how quickly you will learn...if you're serious about it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in