Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by quemar View Post
    XR14 / Model # 4TWR4042C.
    That outdoor unit and a 4tee3f65 air handler will give you 15 seer , 12.5 EER , 9.0 HSPF and a COP of 4.0 !
    That outdoor unit and a 4tee3f49 air handler will give you 14.5 seer ,12.0 EER, 9.0 HSPF and a cop of 3.7 !
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

He's looking dual fuel with a standard blower motor on his existing furnace. Doesn't matter what that unit will do with an air handler. It matters what it does with what he needs. And that is not 14 SEER!

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    He's looking dual fuel with a standard blower motor on his existing furnace. Doesn't matter what that unit will do with an air handler. It matters what it does with what he needs. And that is not 14 SEER!
    Sorry missed the post about the gas furnace indoor part

I'm going to A-S dealer meeting Saturday. Biggest topic on my mind is getting some heat out of the heat pumps & A coils and getting more than 13 SEER out of anything! In 3.5 ton, he could buy a 4A6H5042 (mechancially XL15i) with an A coil and still be at 13.00 SEER and minimum allowed HSPF of 7.8. At least the 15s are doing better heating even if they aren't efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    I'm going to A-S dealer meeting Saturday. Biggest topic on my mind is getting some heat out of the heat pumps & A coils and getting more than 13 SEER out of anything! In 3.5 ton, he could buy a 4A6H5042 (mechancially XL15i) with an A coil and still be at 13.00 SEER and minimum allowed HSPF of 7.8. At least the 15s are doing better heating even if they aren't efficient.
    let me know what you find. I hear that trane is going to do some more testing and rerating of xr 14 and xl15i units soon.

Confused Indoor unit not included in original post?

Quote Originally Posted by quemar View Post
    I'm in the market for a Heat Pump and have settled on either the Bryant 265A or the Trane XR14.

The Bryant 265A SEER = 16 HSPF = 9.3 DBA = 68 vs. Trane XR14 SEER = 14 HSPF = 8.9 DBA = 76. My house is 2425 and I believe the each unit is sufficient.

It appears that the Bryant 265A is the more efficient unit but I'm not sure that it's worth the extra $1157.08. I feel like both dealers will do a good job with the install so based soley upon the units themselves, can someone give me any feedback on which model I should go with?
    When your post had the pricing included, the amounts were for an outdoor unit and indoor coil only? Has anybody proposed an entire matched system? Are they just matching equipment based on current blower capacity of yer furnace? If I were living in a home for the next 10+ years, I would consider a complete matched system. Dual fuel is great & there are better options for performance and efficiency than what you are considering with the current 2 options. There are situations where a heat pump and air handler are better than the dual fuel. Ask both HVAC professionals what ALL of your options are. Sounds like you would like to be "comfortable" in your house, they can offer a complete Comfort System to fit your investment budget! ENJOY!!

Thumbs up BRYANT to the rescue

I would get a quote on a 286 which is the Evo. unit which is awesomeyou may not be to far away in price. Stick with Bryant they are nice unit with a higher seer and run quite.Don't forget about the ten years part and labor warranty
    WARNING:IF YOU DON'T KNOW THEN DON'T DO, SO THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT YOU DIDN'T KNOW DON'T END UP UNDOING WHAT YOU DID SO IT COULD GET DONE RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyr24 View Post
    Why at this time is the Bryant better? Is it the All-Aluminum Spine-Fin coil? (oops, that's TRANE ) or is it the orange compressor that has the RotoLok fittings for easy changeouts if needed? (oops, TRANE again ) or the baked on powderpaint & Duratuf base pan, both rust resistant? (darn..that is TRANE) ) Ask about the SEET Lab in Tyler, TX and then do some comparisons. Bryant might have a better profit margin for contractors, but better product IMHO, not at all. Whatever it takes..... It's Hard To Stop A TRANE
    You're forgiven. When we sold Trane, we thought it was the cat's axx. We are certified in their zone control system and thought that was the best too. But then they paired with big orange box and frankly Trane doesn't care who they sell to, as long as they sell. Product reliability suffered. Several outdoor coil change-outs due to poor quality control. Furnace problems creating lots of service calls, 24/7. So we dropped the Trane line. Tired of having them compete with us through the big box in an area where we had literally put them on the map. But surprise! Once we switched to Bryant, we found their products were even better. Better reliabilty. A whole office full of tech service reps when needed, not just one Field Service Rep who may be away at training or darn, he quit and the new one isn't trained yet. Warranty calls are very rare indeed. Zone control system that beats Trane hands down. Communicating controls that identify the equipment they're controlling as soon as you apply power to them. M/N, S/N, fault history (if there even is one), I could go on and on. I understand your enthusiasm for Trane and I'm not saying is isn't a good product. I'm just saying Bryant/Carrier is a better product, in my opinion (IMO) and those are the facts from one who has sold both manufacturers. Sorry if it hurts. Someday you might understand.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kellyr24 View Post
    When your post had the pricing included, the amounts were for an outdoor unit and indoor coil only? Has anybody proposed an entire matched system? Are they just matching equipment based on current blower capacity of yer furnace? If I were living in a home for the next 10+ years, I would consider a complete matched system. Dual fuel is great & there are better options for performance and efficiency than what you are considering with the current 2 options. There are situations where a heat pump and air handler are better than the dual fuel. Ask both HVAC professionals what ALL of your options are. Sounds like you would like to be "comfortable" in your house, they can offer a complete Comfort System to fit your investment budget! ENJOY!!
    Yep that price was for the outdoor unit and coil only Being that my current furnace is a Carreer 58STA/STX it seems reasonable to me that I would have a better chance of matching the existing indoor unit with a unit made by Carrier or Bryant with atleast a 13-14 SEER and HSPF of 9+; however BaldLoonie felt that I wouldn't get close to the rated efficiency due to the blower on my existing furnace. Does anyone else want to way in on this? I really need the help. This is a big time purchase and I don't want to screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by skippedover View Post
    You're forgiven. When we sold Trane, we thought it was the cat's axx. We are certified in their zone control system and thought that was the best too. But then they paired with big orange box and frankly Trane doesn't care who they sell to, as long as they sell. Product reliability suffered. Several outdoor coil change-outs due to poor quality control. Furnace problems creating lots of service calls, 24/7. So we dropped the Trane line. Tired of having them compete with us through the big box in an area where we had literally put them on the map. But surprise! Once we switched to Bryant, we found their products were even better. Better reliabilty. A whole office full of tech service reps when needed, not just one Field Service Rep who may be away at training or darn, he quit and the new one isn't trained yet. Warranty calls are very rare indeed. Zone control system that beats Trane hands down. Communicating controls that identify the equipment they're controlling as soon as you apply power to them. M/N, S/N, fault history (if there even is one), I could go on and on. I understand your enthusiasm for Trane and I'm not saying is isn't a good product. I'm just saying Bryant/Carrier is a better product, in my opinion (IMO) and those are the facts from one who has sold both manufacturers. Sorry if it hurts. Someday you might understand.
    Is that why you go by skipped over? (the trane orange vest thing?) I was not very happy with the orange vest thing either. The company in my town that sells it goes to a home once as "orange vest company" then as their "reg" company then I show up , THe customer has three diffrent prices, but from two companies. It is fun though it actually helped our sales. Drives the orange guys crazy. They don't normaly do load calcs ect.

stick with the bryant IF there are reliable techs in your area you could save about 10% going to bryant instead of carrier same product different color i was hooked on trane until the closest warehouse for parts was 90 miles away same with york units going downhill problems with leaks in outdoor unit replaced 2 in 9 years in my own house wont admit there is a factory problem just installed a bryant evolution to replace it well worth the price the main thing when buying a reputable unit are the availibity of good service techs a nd parts in your area

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12