Thread: New Grill

New Grill

Anyone got an opinion on this grill? I got it half-priced at H.D. It is Ducane 32 inch stainless, 5 burner, with rotisserie and side burner. I have been freezing my butt off grilling here lately.

if it was half priced then it could be half-assed and still be just fine

I don't have any experience with that brand. But after owning several other brands, I can say that my Weber is the best built, easiest to clean, most even cooking, and best designed grill that I have ever had. After a quick review of their site, it doesn't appear that they make mine any longer, but my Genesis Gold is great.

Looks nice, and for 1/2 price even if it only lasts 1/2 as long as it should, you got a good deal.
    We only want to do it, if we can do it right.

I had heard that Ducane is actually built by Weber in China. The Ducane company went tits up a while back so Weber bought the name and is marketing a decent grill made in China using the Ducane name.
    For 1/2 off its a good deal...
    "...refresh my memory. When did I start caring about this stuff...?"

Thumbs up

Not a bad one. I have owned many grills throughout the years and I must say that you get what you pay for. I like Jenn-Air. They are a little bit more but they sure hold up. From April to Sept all I do is cook oh the grill and no probs with the Jenn-Air so far.
    When Chuck Norris falls in water, Chuck Norris doesn't get wet. Water gets Chuck Norris.

Quote Originally Posted by iyaayas View Post
    Anyone got an opinion on this grill? I got it half-priced at H.D. It is Ducane 32 inch stainless, 5 burner, with rotisserie and side burner. I have been freezing my butt off grilling here lately.

The only way I can give you a true-to-life opinion about that grill is if I spend a little time with it. Drop it off and in a month or two I will let you know what I think.....
    I need a new signature.....

Last Sunday it was a little nice here 39-40. So I decided to fire up my Vt. Castings grill I bought last summer. My smoked pork roast came out perfect.

Your grille looks to have all the features of my grille. Does it have the radiant burner on the back for rotisseraring? Enjoy it. ...... and come on springtime.

This grill does have the radiant burner with rotisserie. I cooked a chicken on it when the temp outdoors was about 30 - 40 degrees, and it didn't brown as well as I had hoped. Maybe I needed to baste it or turn on a bottom burner for a little "auxiliary heat" ? Or maybe leave it on the grill longer. I couldn't stand the wait...

I have a New Braunfels offset smoker and a Weber charcoal grill that are getting lonely. The wife says I have too many grills, naa..

I wished I could get a raise...I'd buy a new grill

Looks like a rill nice grill! Enjoy.
    Luke 6:31

If I'm not mistaken Ducane is made by Weber. Anyway, I've a Weber and like it well. It cooks better then the stove I have in my home.

had a ducane about 15 years ago was a good grill lasted 5 years of heavy use. replaced it with a Broil King and it is still going strong after 10 years of abuse grilling 3-4 times a week year round. My father has a top of the line weber and it just dosent compare in cooking quality and heat distrabution that my Broil King has.