Thread: Condensing water reset schedule

Post Likes

Condensing water reset schedule

Can anyone tell me their reset schedules for condensing water temp VS. humidity? I'm trying to find that happy medium that will keep my equipment happy and my customers with a bit of energy savings..

Cheers.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tex~n~oz View Post
    Can anyone tell me their reset schedules for condensing water temp VS. humidity? I'm trying to find that happy medium that will keep my equipment happy and my customers with a bit of energy savings..

Cheers.
    I think you need to rethink your question.
    I'm sure you mean chilled water reset.

Please give us more detailed information.
    Do the best you are capable of, be totally honest, die with a smile on your face!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrsr View Post
    I think you need to rethink your question.
    I'm sure you mean chilled water reset.

Please give us more detailed information.

His question is right. You need to know what approach your tower is designed for and then adjust your setpoint according to your OA wetbulb plus your approach plus I would throw in a little fudge factor because the real world and paper aren't the same. The gist is you want to reset your condesnser water to an attainable setpoint with out using more tower fan KW than you are saving on your chiller. Also make sure you don't take your condenser water temp lower than what your equipment can handle. Use good OA temp and humidity sensors in a reliable location.

Post Likes

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by willf650 View Post
    His question is right. You need to know what approach your tower is designed for and then adjust your setpoint according to your OA wetbulb plus your approach plus I would throw in a little fudge factor because the real world and paper aren't the same. The gist is you want to reset your condesnser water to an attainable setpoint with out using more tower fan KW than you are saving on your chiller. Also make sure you don't take your condenser water temp lower than what your equipment can handle. Use good OA temp and humidity sensors in a reliable location.
    My bad! I was thinking chilled water and indoor humidity.
    Do the best you are capable of, be totally honest, die with a smile on your face!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in