Dri Steem Humidifiers

Does anyone here work on Dri Steem Humidifiers? We have them at the University that I work at. For the most part, they have not worked properly for 3 years because no one in North Carolina seems to know anything about them. The manuals that came with them are for installation and basic troubleshooting. The company that installed them only does warranty work on them, and that warranty is long gone. I have gotten 3 of them working so far, but it has been a task figuring out how these things operate. I would like some more info on them if someone can lead me into the right direction. Thanks

Seen lots of Dri Steam. Are these canister types? Electric or steam driven styles? What is the application, wall mount or duct mounted distirbution?
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Dri Steem Humidifiers

I have two types of the wall mount units that are electric, and I have 7 floor style steem humidifiers that run on nat gas. Some of the wall mounts are stand alone units and some pipe into the duct work. The floor style units are also piped to the ductwork, but these are larger units. They have between 1 and 4 burners, depending on the duct size. I have them controled through Metasyst, but the metasyst so far has not been the problem except for a couple of bad humidistat sensors. I will try to get some numbers posted sometime soon. Thanks

Do you still have the user interface panels attached to the control module on the DriSteems? If they are, has anyone been pushing buttons?
    It's been awhile but I seem to remember that the control module can be adversely affected just from people playing with the interface. One location where I installed 12 of them, the maintenance manager had a bad habit of plugging up an interface and poking buttons in random sequences. We'd get a call a few days later that they weren't working. I'd go out, plug in my interface, reprogram them and they'd work perfectly until the mgr. poked around again. Also, if the power to the DriSteem is turned off for more than a few hours, it'll work incorrectly until the parameters in the program are reset to factory default then adjusted to your needs. If I can locate my manual, I'll holler at you, it may take longer than you have for waiting though.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

I know of a site that has 11 roof-mounted , some 200s and some 300s. The vapor cloud is a beautiful thing when the humidity would be in the single-digits.
    Anyway...they are being controlled currently by a tracer system, and it has very little impact on the setup within the Dristeems.
    Are you getting fill faults?
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Took a look round but couldn't find my books. I did find the link to Dri-Steem, www.dristeem.com
    They have plenty of info on that site, should have what you need to figure out your troubles.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Dri Steem Humidifiers

My problem seems to be that the units that I have are oversized. Basically, the hi humidity limit in the duct work is causing the unit to short cycle because it is coming on at 100%. The limit goes off at 65% humidity. Now remember that this is being pumped into a VAV system, so the 65% is in 55 degree air. It is actually running at 62% humidity on 1 burner. I have 4 burners, so when it comes on at 100%, it only runs for a couple minutes and then goes off on limit, so it never catches up. The Metasyst is currently running it at 12% capacity, which is fine as long as it stays caught up. I would like to find a way to disable 2 of the burners, but it seems that everything I have done has been detected by the logic board. I tried disconnecting the flame sensor, but it went off on that. I tried disconnecting the communication cable from the extra circuit board for the extra burners, and it didn't work after that.
    On another machine, I got it running by changing the mother board, but only 1 of 3 burners came on after the change. That is as far as I got on that one before having to leave it.
    I guess my biggest problem is that I don't know the exact order of operation and all of the technical things that factory training of book work would give me. Thanks for the interest and help guys