NAE25 Metasyssyagent Password Reset

At one of our schools we have the NAE25 metasys control. Recently our maintenance tech passed away, he did not use his computer to store the password he either wrote it down somewhere we can't find or just remembered it, and so we are unable to get into the system.
    The default password will not work. Does anyone have an idea on how to reset it?

There is no NAE25, only 35,45, and 55.
    Anyways, there is no simple way to reset passwords
    without blowing the database away. (N.U.T. the NAE)
    Then reloading it.
    Are you sure you typed in the correct default password?
    It is case sensitive.

user: metasyssysagent
    pass: XMG3-Rel.1

Why would anyone give a password to one poster that is working on a nae that does not exist.

Phantomtech: That password and log-on information is freely available in the public domain on the JCI literature website if you know where to look!

dewright23: If the default has indeed been changed, then all you can do is return the controller to JCI factory for a reset. You will loose all database information also. May be quicker to just replace the master controller with a newer model.......

NAE25 Password

There is an NAE25. It is the NCE 25. It comes up as an NAE25 when viewed in NIC tool as NAEXXXXXXXXXXXX (Default Name and MAC Address). I'm assuming that you are trying to access it through Ethernet. If so, the Default username is-metasyssysagent and the Password is-XMG3-Rel.1. I'm also assuming that this an NAE with points. As previously mentioned, if the default name and password have been removed,and you don't have the database then it would have to be reflashed and the you would get the defaults back.

NAE25 passwword

As an added note, this is their newest product

Quote Originally Posted by phantomtech View Post
    Why would anyone give a password to one poster that is working on a nae that does not exist.
    Just google: metasys default password

2nd hit shows the password right in google, dont even have to go to the website, so i dont think its to big of a deal to give it out.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    As an added note, this is their newest product
    Its awesome!

There is a *possible* way around this problem. IF you have access to SCT and can restore teh security database, it will ask you to readd the default password, which has already been mentioned here. The NAE in this case is not removed or go offline. BUT you have to have access to the SCT and have a password to run it. I know.....lots of ifs and buts.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    There is an NAE25. It is the NCE 25. It comes up as an NAE25 when viewed in NIC tool as NAEXXXXXXXXXXXX (Default Name and MAC Address). I'm assuming that you are trying to access it through Ethernet. If so, the Default username is-metasyssysagent and the Password is-XMG3-Rel.1. I'm also assuming that this an NAE with points. As previously mentioned, if the default name and password have been removed,and you don't have the database then it would have to be reflashed and the you would get the defaults back.
    NAE and NCE are different controllers so THERE IS NOT a NAE25.

Nce25

Easy there JCI Dork! Its called an NCE but at its core and when booted up through the NCT tool Gives its name as NAEXXXXXXXXXXXX. I originally tried to tie into my first NCE by using NCEXXXXXXXXXXX, didn't work. If JCI would make the default name NCEXXXXXXXXXXXX then I would agree with your statement. Obviously the author of the original posting knows he has a 25 of some kind.

Nce25

Dwright23,do you have I/O on your NCx?