Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down found this on service call today

homeowner called said that contractor was going over plans to finish basement and noticed thar pipes were cut at furnance possible letting in co said he feels heat when furnance is on.arrived at call upon inspection found 3" pvc pipe cut in 2 spots.its a lennox g6impv gas furnance 90+.orginal installer is no where to be found. house less then a year old.the fresh air inlet is what was cut no body knows why they did say a while back they had no heat but now it works.so i look in to this further and find a couple of plastic bags in pvc line.guess it was eaiser to cut pipe and leave it instead of finding problem.repaired pipe checked unit for proper operation ok.[IMG][/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images   

[IMG]http://www.*************.com/images/smilies/jaw.gif[/IMG]
    Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

For a year??? WOW! Wonder why the homeowner never noticed it before then.
    Hvac Maniac

"A negative attitude cancels out positive skills."

Quote Originally Posted by hvac maniac View Post
    For a year??? WOW! Wonder why the homeowner never noticed it before then.
    Wonder how the filter looked after a yr
    You can't fix stupid

I think the combustion air intake doesn't have to be from outside air, so this might actually be okay..... not pretty though.

and the secondary condensate drain is going to protect what????? HELLO
    perhaps this is a new eco-friendly recuperative h2o recycling device for an additional 3 payments of $19.99 as seen a late night tv

another sign of lennox's exclusivity. If he got it thru the proper channels that is. Ive seen a pretty sad bunch of work in PHX from a lennox dealer so I'm sure this guy was legit. I'm starting to really think most brand issues simply stem from the crap ass installations of their equipment through the years.
    I will believe that the government is broke when the welfare checks start bouncing!!

Quote Originally Posted by charliebear View Post
    I think the combustion air intake doesn't have to be from outside air, so this might actually be okay..... not pretty though.
    the code in our town ship is if the basement is being finished it must be vented out side for fresh air that is.if not its ok to suck fresh air from basement but i dont agree i would rather vent it out side.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy-lvhm View Post
    another sign of lennox's exclusivity. If he got it thru the proper channels that is. Ive seen a pretty sad bunch of work in PHX from a lennox dealer so I'm sure this guy was legit. I'm starting to really think most brand issues simply stem from the crap ass installations of their equipment through the years.
    hey jeremy couldnt agree with you more.if you have a bad install chances are you will have problems later on

Quote Originally Posted by jcraig View Post
    and the secondary condensate drain is going to protect what????? HELLO
    perhaps this is a new eco-friendly recuperative h2o recycling device for an additional 3 payments of $19.99 as seen a late night tv
    but if you buy right now the first payment is on us

Doe's the pipe need to be up-sized for length and 90's?

Quote Originally Posted by caps101 View Post
    Doe's the pipe need to be up-sized for length and 90's?
    The manufacturer has the say on what size pipe to run, they also dictate the length and number of elbows.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

I know that with enough open area, you can pull the fresh air from a basement. With Lennox however, I believe it makes your heat exchanger warranty almost nothing unless you pull it from outside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast