ILON 100 problem Please Help!!!!!!
I am working with an ILON 100 e2 server and I am having a problem with getting some NVE's to update (points stay offline). I can see all the data in question through Lonmaker (non-turbo) so I know it is not a network problem. In addition I see data from other points on the same ILON updating and data passes from the ILON to the controller in question through NVL's. However the NVE's only show offline. I have tried resynchronizing the network in Lonmaker, rebooting the ILON, resynchronizing the ILON, restoring the ILON factory defaults, and just about every combination of the preceding. I have also deleted both the ILON and the controller and recomissioned them. I am assuming there is some setting I am missing which is prevented the polling of the values from this particular device, or possibly a corrupted file on the ILON.
Please help I am ready to give up on the installed
device and replace it with a new one.
I am not sure where you are seeing the 'offline' indication but the first thing I would check is to be sure you do not have a heartbeat and a polling value set in the iLON plug-in, one of them needs to be 0. If both have values the NVE will not update on the network.
ILON 100 Problem Clarification
Thank You for your response.
I am seeing the values as offline when I view the points through the view-data point section on the ILON's service page. I have the polling value set and the other settings such as heartbeat, min send time, etc set to 0.
You haven't altered the devices that the NVE's are polling?
Do you have a protocol analyzer to confirm the iLON is in fact polling the NVE's? Have you changed any NVE names? I'd seriously consider upgrading to e3 - you should get an extra for that work!
A hundred million nodes - it's a LON story.
CLUE: "I see data from other points on the same ILON updating and data passes from the ILON to the controller in question through NVL's."
ILON problem further clarification
Thank all of you for your responses.
On further investigation of my problem I found that I can see the 2 controllers
that do not have NVE's updating only if I use LON1, my PCC Lon Card. If I use LON3, the USB Lon interface, I cannot see these 2 controllers. I am now
wondering if this is less of an ILON100 problem and more of a conflict between these 2 Lon interfaces.
I have 8 other nodes on my network and there are no communication problems with these. The NVE's for these update and I can see them using
both Lon interfaces.