+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP!!Invensys UNC-600-2 Failed Need help Reloading backup Files!!!

Post Likes

HELP!!Invensys UNC-600-2 Failed Need help Reloading backup Files!!!

the Invensys UNC-600-2 Failed in our school . I have no programming knowledge with this product is there a newer drop in replacement that you can reload the old backup files into. Or since I have no training on programming this system is it better to just do a direct replacement and download the backup files. Plus is the any special procedures to reload the backup files on a new UNC-600-2 and what software does it require. any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Chet

Post Likes
    If you are talking completely failed as in will not work after a re-boot that is a mighty expensive replacement. If you have not tried the re-boot I would recommend it, a good restart many be all it needs.
    Do you have any software to access the UNC? I use Work Plac Pro to access the unc and open the station and do anything I need. If you do not, which it would be a good chance you do not if your a customer. You would pull the power cable, which is the multi-prong cable coming out of the transformer on the top right. I would not normally recommend doing so, but if its the only chance you have may as well.

Chet do you have a back-up of the station?

Post Likes
    Yes there are several backup files (with different R versions on each folder) on the the computer. you mentioned using work place pro to reset it . I take it you do a soft start without having to power it down, I see a local hvac distributor advertises on thier line card Work place pro. So I take it I could buy the softwre from them. Is this software pretty pricey and Is it fairly easy to use/learn. I take it this is the software I need to reload the backup files

Thanks for the help you have already provides &
    anymore help you can provide

Post Likes
    Yes that is correct Work Place Pro would do a soft start of the UNC. I am not sure of the price of WPP I just get it as a tech, but I will ask around and see if I can get a number.

I have only been using WPP for about 6 months, so I am not expert by far; however I can get my way through it pretty easy. I think it would be easier if you already have the back up file, because you would not need to re-build the entire job. All you would really need is the IP address of the UNC and an admin name and password to do all that you will need to do.
    Plus there are fairly good help files and documentation .

I am not sure if it is the ONLY software to reload the backup, but I know you can use it and it works well.

What area are you in? just curious
    Good luck

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CM3Tech View Post
    If you are talking completely failed as in will not work after a re-boot that is a mighty expensive replacement. If you have not tried the re-boot I would recommend it, a good restart many be all it needs.
    Do you have any software to access the UNC? I use Work Plac Pro to access the unc and open the station and do anything I need. If you do not, which it would be a good chance you do not if your a customer. You would pull the power cable, which is the multi-prong cable coming out of the transformer on the top right. I would not normally recommend doing so, but if its the only chance you have may as well.

Chet do you have a back-up of the station?

This guy is about to make a huge mistake. tell him to unplug it send it in to an Invensys dealer and have it rebuilt. They will send a temporary advance replacement for the unit for him to use while his is being repaired.

He has no idea what he is in for trying to download and repair that thing. The software he is talking about is about 6000 dollars anyway but, even if he had it he would only get himself in trouble.

Thats good advice from Twilli
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    CM3tech I am in Lansing, Michigan. I have plenty of programming experience will multiple vendors. I do have the backup files so that isn't a problem. any more information you can provide would be greatly appreciated

Best regards,
    CM3tech

PS: Pay no attention to negative Twilli which I am sure he is a robot from TAC. Give me a break not another one of those guys that think there some type of gods and no one else is worthy to work on their propitiatory pork barreled (Over Priced) systems. This such a broken record.

Post Likes
    Twilli used to do robot dance in his disco days, Twilli not robot for anybody just trying to pass some information along to you...good luck to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZD2Qc78GxQ
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Post Likes
    I did not know about getting a replacement while the one that is down is being repaired. I would suppose the decision would be between the price & time of the software and reloading or the price of rebuilding and waiting. What sounds best Chet??

Is the UNC long out of warranty that may be an option get a new warranty

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in