Thread: leak detectors

Confused leak detectors

Hi im looking at buying a new leak detector has anyone got or tried the new testo detector or can suggest one that works well

If you want to find the leaks that others miss, go with the H-10 Universal. There is a cordless model that cost more. You'll probably consider both to be pricey (I haven't upgraded to the cordless one yet), but you have to consider how much it cost to return to a job because you couldn't find the leak the first, second, or even third time. Sooner or later, you will even lose customers to someone like me.

I did read at this forum about some newfangled leak detector using a laser technology that rivals the H-10, but don't know anything about it.

ok thanks for the info ill be sure to have a look at the H-10

Quote Originally Posted by freonfriday View Post
    Hi im looking at buying a new leak detector has anyone got or tried the new testo detector or can suggest one that works well
    I wouldn't buy anything made by Testo! when it comes to leak detectors the h10 is a classic, also prefer the Tiff ZX thats the most sensitive leak detector money can buy.

I use the Dtek select. Seems to work fine for me. I had the bacharach informant II. it sucked, I sent it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DTek select is nice as long as you charge it, although it has a tendency to react to being bumped while detecting. My hands down favorite is the H-10...Can't say enough good about it
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

I have found that the tif zx is more sensitive than the new infrared detectors.

Haven't tried the h10 yet.