Help needed on Summit Issue

We' ve got a site that is running fine except for an error window that pops up:

SITE NAMES DO NOT MATCH

Customer says when he gets this error the Tracer Summit goes blank and he has to reset. Any ideas?
    Could this be graphics related?
    jogas

First, can you see all the devices? The error you are getting sounds like the site you are trying to connect to does not match the actual site you are opening in summit. What version of Summit are you running? You can upload the site by going to setup, site configuration, New, Upload, and follow the prompts, are you direct connecting, ethernet, IP? Once again I need more information are you able to see devices?Is this the customers workstation?

Quote Originally Posted by seewll View Post
    First, can you see all the devices? The error you are getting sounds like the site you are trying to connect to does not match the actual site you are opening in summit. What version of Summit are you running? You can upload the site by going to setup, site configuration, New, Upload, and follow the prompts, are you direct connecting, ethernet, IP? Once again I need more information are you able to see devices?Is this the customers workstation?
    - yes, we can see all devices
    - Version 14(?)
    - Connecting via ethernet
    - it is the customers workstation
    BTW, I forgot to mention, previous to this issue, we were having trouble seeing a couple of device values and had to clear ram and database(?may be wrong terminology). Everything seemed to work fine except for this error.
    jogas

Well the old version is not helping things, as they are up to Version 17, sounds like you may have a currupt database, Can you tell me if this just started, or has it been like this for a long time. I would suggest backing up the database and the graphics to a folder out in the system, Go to tools, backup and follow the prompts, also go back and do the graphics, create a folder in my documents, call one database and one graphics or some thing like that, and back everything up. I would then create a test site, if you know how to, if not go to set up site config, and new, call it Test and create one fake object like a roof top, and save it. You will see this show up in the Tree, once you do that you can Delete the current site,go to tools delete object , delete entire location and follow the prompts, once you do this you open the test site, and go to set up site configuration and do a new upload, select how you are connecting, ethernet, and then do a fresh upload, it should prompt you upload current site and show you the site name and see it that fixes the issue, The graphics should remain in the site folder so you will not loose them, If you do have a issue with the graphics just go back to tools restore graphics and browse and find the folder you saved them in, select, show existing Grahphics and select all, and OK, If you do not feel comfortable doing this, Try clear code database Ram and reset, but you may need to call the local Trane people to look at it. You should talk them into an upgrade also. goog luck.