Question Alarm Audio on JASE?

can anyone tell me how to make the browser viewing an fx40 .px file play an alarm audio when any zone goes into alarm? I see the selection for audio file under admin/alarmservice then clicking the individual alarmed point. I pick an audio file from the fx's directory but it never plays. and yes my volume is up.
    thanx

the sound only plays when you are viewing the alarm console and the point is in alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by checkvalve View Post
    the sound only plays when you are viewing the alarm console and the point is in alarm.
    ok, how do i get it to sound in the alarm console? and i cant get the file to play when the point is in alarm

I'm not that familiar with the fx-40 appliance, so it might be different how you set the sound file to use.

when using workbench, you set the sound file as one of the properties of the alarm extension for the point. If there is a sound file specified then it will be used instead of the default sound file which is just a short beep.

There shouldn't be anything else that you need to do to get the sound file to play in the alarm console. Sounds do not play continuously while the point is in alarm, it only plays once as you first load the console or if the console is already open when the point changes to alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by checkvalve View Post
    I'm not that familiar with the fx-40 appliance, so it might be different how you set the sound file to use.

when using workbench, you set the sound file as one of the properties of the alarm extension for the point. If there is a sound file specified then it will be used instead of the default sound file which is just a short beep.

There shouldn't be anything else that you need to do to get the sound file to play in the alarm console. Sounds do not play continuously while the point is in alarm, it only plays once as you first load the console or if the console is already open when the point changes to alarm.
    that would suck if the audio only plays when I am in the alarm console. I want it to sound regardless of what screen the browser is on. anyone else ever get the alarm to sound at all times?