Avoid Sanyo's ductless multi-split heat pumps
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Avoid Sanyo's ductless multi-split heat pumps

These ductless multiple-head systems have some really nasty usability and noise issues - don't believe the functionality advertised in Sanyo's literature or their smooth talking salespeople! I've heard their single mini-splits may work ok, but be warned - their multi (aka "Flexi-Multi") heatpump is hell for residential use. The Sanyo heat-cool mode switching controller logic is full of bugs that will drive the users crazy, and the auto mode sensing doesn't work at all. If that wasn't bad enough, any air handlers whose fans are not running while refrigerant is flowing to other active heads emit loud whistling or hissing pipe noises.
    We are wondering if other multisplit vendors like Fujitsu have similar problems, does anybody know. We were fooled into buying these Sanyos and now we're stuck with them. Hope this may help save others some grief.

As a professional who has installed many different brands of mini-split systems, I can say I've never had the issues that are being stated here.

Was this system installed by a professional HVAC contractor?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    As a professional who has installed many different brands of mini-split systems, I can say I've never had the issues that are being stated here.

Was this system installed by a professional HVAC contractor?

i have to ask the same question
    have put in a lot of ductless units and multy zone with out any issues at all

is your unit installed properly

Did a Sanyo 12 K heat pump today, worked like a charm.

Same here, serviced and maintained many ductless sanyo's, both straight a/c and heat pump, always been very quiet never any major problems

If the OP can't post some answers, I'm going to delete this thread.

Sounds like a hack job that the OP wants to blame on the OEM.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Quote Originally Posted by herbl View Post
    If that wasn't bad enough, any air handlers whose fans are not running while refrigerant is flowing to other active heads emit loud whistling or hissing pipe noises.
    I can tell you from a standpoint of multiple Sanyo installations that this is absolutely incorrect

I give my vote to once again to blame the manufacture for a Bad Install

Hay Herb Questions
    Did you buy these on line?
    Did your brother in law / neighbor / wife help you install these?
    Were the instillation instructions followed?
    Were they installed by a Professional?

You get what you pay for.

161 views of a unfounded accusation and a problem IMHO that really doesn't exist
    should be deleted

...and he admits to getting a hack job...

http://www.hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthr...=151503&page=2
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    If the OP can't post some answers, I'm going to delete this thread.

Sounds like a hack job that the OP wants to blame on the OEM.

Thanks for all the replies. Was not trying to make anybody mad - unfortunately these were & are still real problems for us. FYI yes we did use a professional licensed installer, and no we did not buy the units online. I can't say for sure if we got a good quality install, or that we didn't get a 'hack job' - I could see how possibly that could contribute to the noise issue. However I can't see how the operational problem could arise from a bad install - ie. the Auto Mode bugs in the multi-headed configuration. To the folks who have said the Sanyo's work ok in the multi configuration -- have you actually seen the Auto Mode function switching properly between heat and cool, in the "Auto" setting, or, do you rely on the users changing manually between the dedicated heat and cool modes?

Have installed and serviced hundreds of Sanyos.............they are probably the best mini split out there and I've hever seen these problems in a properly installed unit.

Cool No problems here

I have installed at least 100+ units to this day I have never had a problem with any of them. I installed the first one about 20 years ago and guess what, it is still working well in a small store. I would believe that it is an installation issue, check your power to make sure you do not have unstable feeds. I have had an issue not with Sanyo, but with another brand where we had voltage bouncing 202v to 218v, which caused issues with the control system

Learning should be a daily practice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast