Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008

    External vent through AC/heat system?

    Is it possible to add a switch controlled vent fan that will feed air from the outside into the home through the already installed ducts?

    there are days that i would love to just flip a switch and draw in the outside air. (yes i know i could just open a window....)

    I'm thinking a gable vent, a duct fan, and a dampener of some sort. gravity balancing or electric ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Yes, there are motorized dampeners that can do this.
    Contractor locator map


    How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event