dual stage furnace or not?

I have a 1780 sqft home (1960s) in Lakewood single story home that needs a new furnace. I am questioning whether or not I need a dual stage furnace for my home. The house has no insulation, and with the current single stage 80000btu furnace seems to work ok. It heats the house fine, its just noisy (have to turn up the volume on the tv when it runs) and the ducting is leaking. Thats the reason for replacement.

I read this page and it may seem that I might be just wasting money going for the 2 stage furnace. Do you think that the smaller burner of the dual stage is not even adequate for my home size? After reading that page above, it seems that the smaller burner might not even have enough flow to get to the whole house. What do most houses in my area use?

THanks. Have a good day.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    I say their concerns are unfounded.

Now if the duct system isn't correct single nor stage will fix it.

We install two stage in very large homes,better comfort,no issues.

You do not NEED a 2 stage furnace. But such an animal with a good 2 stage stat will increase comfort. We have not had any complaints putting 2 stage equipment in any size house. Now the industry has 3 stage and 13 stage units. We've put the 13 stage units in very large homes to much satisfaction.

If your refering to the part of working best in small homes. Your isn't big.
    Your duct work could be why your furnace is loud.(you didn't say what kind of noise)
    2 stage furnaces help eliminate that draft feeling you get from the quick on and off of single stage furnaces when the OD temps are mild.

First thing you should do, is insulate every thing you can. This will pay for itself every day, summer and winter.

As far as enough air to do the entire house, that is not usually a problem, unless your duct system is grossly undersized.

2 stage is for comfort, not for saving money.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    You do not NEED a 2 stage furnace. But such an animal with a good 2 stage stat will increase comfort. We have not had any complaints putting 2 stage equipment in any size house. Now the industry has 3 stage and 13 stage units. We've put the 13 stage units in very large homes to much satisfaction.
    And 65 stage.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?