+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ..:: NAE to Tridium AX via BACnet ::..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

..:: NAE to Tridium AX via BACnet ::..

Does anyone know if there is a way to expose the points in a NAE as BACnet/IP or another protocol that we could then intergrate the points into a Tridium AX system?

Johnson came in on this onecampus that we normally do most of the work and installed 2 NAE controllers. The rest of the campus is all intergrated into Tridium JACEs, FX40s, Trane BCUs, & JCI N3s. They all communicate back to a web sup AX. Now the building owners want us to bring the points from these two NAEs into the Tridium system.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thankx
    Jamie

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jczekai View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to expose the points in a NAE as BACnet/IP or another protocol that we could then intergrate the points into a Tridium AX system?

Johnson came in on this onecampus that we normally do most of the work and installed 2 NAE controllers. The rest of the campus is all intergrated into Tridium JACEs, FX40s, Trane BCUs, & JCI N3s. They all communicate back to a web sup AX. Now the building owners want us to bring the points from these two NAEs into the Tridium system.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thankx
    Jamie
    I think NAEs, by default, communicate via BACnet/IP.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf;ljk View Post
    I think NAEs, by default, communicate via BACnet/IP.
    You are right some do. You are supposed to enable it as a Bacnet site first. And its a pain when they do and you don't want them too(busies them up unnecessarily).

Once they are though its a piece of cake to bring them into AX.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    You are right some do. You are supposed to enable it as a Bacnet site first. And its a pain when they do and you don't want them too(busies them up unnecessarily).

Once they are though its a piece of cake to bring them into AX.

Is this something that JCI has to do w/ there configuration software or is it something that I can do through there web browser? I have all the passwords for the NAE but just haven't connected to it yet to see what its all about!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jczekai View Post
    Is this something that JCI has to do w/ there configuration software or is it something that I can do through there web browser? I have all the passwords for the NAE but just haven't connected to it yet to see what its all about!
    Log on to NAE or ADS.
    Right click on the site name in all items. Hit view, then edit, and change the BacNet Site parameter to "True" and Thats it.

Good Luck

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    Log on to NAE or ADS.
    Right click on the site name in all items. Hit view, then edit, and change the BacNet Site parameter to "True" and Thats it.

Good Luck
    So all of the programmed N2 points would then be available via BACnet just like a N30 controller?

Thankx
    Jamie

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in