..:: NAE to Tridium AX via BACnet ::..

Does anyone know if there is a way to expose the points in a NAE as BACnet/IP or another protocol that we could then intergrate the points into a Tridium AX system?

Johnson came in on this onecampus that we normally do most of the work and installed 2 NAE controllers. The rest of the campus is all intergrated into Tridium JACEs, FX40s, Trane BCUs, & JCI N3s. They all communicate back to a web sup AX. Now the building owners want us to bring the points from these two NAEs into the Tridium system.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thankx
    Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by jczekai View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to expose the points in a NAE as BACnet/IP or another protocol that we could then intergrate the points into a Tridium AX system?

Johnson came in on this onecampus that we normally do most of the work and installed 2 NAE controllers. The rest of the campus is all intergrated into Tridium JACEs, FX40s, Trane BCUs, & JCI N3s. They all communicate back to a web sup AX. Now the building owners want us to bring the points from these two NAEs into the Tridium system.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thankx
    Jamie
    I think NAEs, by default, communicate via BACnet/IP.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf;ljk View Post
    I think NAEs, by default, communicate via BACnet/IP.
    You are right some do. You are supposed to enable it as a Bacnet site first. And its a pain when they do and you don't want them too(busies them up unnecessarily).

Once they are though its a piece of cake to bring them into AX.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy-b View Post
    You are right some do. You are supposed to enable it as a Bacnet site first. And its a pain when they do and you don't want them too(busies them up unnecessarily).

Once they are though its a piece of cake to bring them into AX.

Is this something that JCI has to do w/ there configuration software or is it something that I can do through there web browser? I have all the passwords for the NAE but just haven't connected to it yet to see what its all about!

Quote Originally Posted by jczekai View Post
    Is this something that JCI has to do w/ there configuration software or is it something that I can do through there web browser? I have all the passwords for the NAE but just haven't connected to it yet to see what its all about!
    Log on to NAE or ADS.
    Right click on the site name in all items. Hit view, then edit, and change the BacNet Site parameter to "True" and Thats it.

Good Luck

Log on to NAE or ADS.
    Right click on the site name in all items. Hit view, then edit, and change the BacNet Site parameter to "True" and Thats it.

Good Luck
    So all of the programmed N2 points would then be available via BACnet just like a N30 controller?

Thankx
    Jamie

I can see all the NAE BACnet points but there are no names to it. I can see the points like 500AO3000145 but no names? Is there another option in the NAE to show the names? Maybe the NAE just needs newer firmware? Anyone know how to pull up the names for the BACnet points?

Quote Originally Posted by tigger View Post
    I can see all the NAE BACnet points but there are no names to it. I can see the points like 500AO3000145 but no names? Is there another option in the NAE to show the names? Maybe the NAE just needs newer firmware? Anyone know how to pull up the names for the BACnet points?
    You are seeing the 'real' point names. You'll have to activate Extended Labels under the view menu and cross-reference them to the NAE display names.

Quote Originally Posted by 2^3 View Post
    You are seeing the 'real' point names. You'll have to activate Extended Labels under the view menu and cross-reference them to the NAE display names.
    I should not have to cross reference a BACnet BTL point. The BACnet points suppose to have the name already in it. How did the NAE receive BTL stamp when it does not follow BACnet rules? Does anyone know if the newer firmware fixes this issue?

Also I found out you can make schedule exception but the NAE will not allow you to delete the exception.

The short answer is.
    Its a one way street as far as they are concerned. And thats the NAEs bringing IN the points to the NAE.

Why on earth would you ever want to broadcast the NAE points to something else?

But cross referencing them and renaming to something useful in AX is the best you can do.
    Unless it has been corrected with the new MSEA release.

The short answer is.
    Its a one way street as far as they are concerned. And thats the NAEs bringing IN the points to the NAE.

Why on earth would you ever want to broadcast the NAE points to something else?

But cross referencing them and renaming to something useful in AX is the best you can do.
    Unless it has been corrected with the new MSEA release.
    Your right Freddy! It was that one Way Street that JCI lost that entire campus. Now we have 10 new buildings to do and the other 4 buildings that have NAE's needs to be integrated to one front end. So I will do my best to convert it all over. Just wanted to know if anyone knows if the newer firmware corrected any BACnet points.

Does anyone have firmware history update file so I can read what has been fixed on the NAE’s?