Trouble With Old Rheem

So I Just Replaced This Blower Motor Along With All New Brackets. I Walk Away Evreything Is Working Fine .then I Get A Call Saying The Motor Wont Shut Off. So I Disconect The Green Wire And Try To Call For Heat Hoping The Fan Will Come On. So I Sit And Wait And The Thing Goes Out On Limit With The Fan Never Coming On. So I Go Ahead And Call For Heat And Just Let Fan Run Continiously Thats The Only Way Its Working Can Somebody Help??

wow i thought you was another guy in another forum with the same name

but anyway sight rules doesn't allow DIYers
    and expect a beating for not following the rules
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

need to trace back to find what is bad, its not the blower motor, follow the wiring schematic, if your not a tech, call one.
    You can't fix stupid

Clown
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Quote Originally Posted by EVOLUTION MAN View Post
    So I Just Replaced This Blower Motor Along With All New Brackets. I Walk Away Evreything Is Working Fine .then I Get A Call Saying The Motor Wont Shut Off. So I Disconect The Green Wire And Try To Call For Heat Hoping The Fan Will Come On. So I Sit And Wait And The Thing Goes Out On Limit With The Fan Never Coming On. So I Go Ahead And Call For Heat And Just Let Fan Run Continiously Thats The Only Way Its Working Can Somebody Help??
    If disconnecting the green ground wire stops the motor, you are completely wired wrong. Call a pro and save a life.

Thumbs down

If you can't figure out wiring a blower motor, you better call a real tech.

Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, and Califormia
    Big Mike ? The green is ground ? Tim Allen said the sun is yellow and heats the ground, therefor the yellow is ground.....or does that just apply to dishwashers ? JK.. like the others have said... any service call $ would be cheaper than the ER... or worse.
    "Surprised ?! If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised."
    Clark Griswold

First you have to understand the sequence of operation. Then you have to check if the motor is getting the correct amount of power to run . Now that you didn't do either you have to ask yourself who should pay for the motor and brackets and should I call someone who has already paid for the education.

Inspect all ur wiring connections. Start with ur first power sending devise through ur power consuming devices all the way 2 the problem.DuH!