Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_g View Post
    I believe you have a 5 year parts warranty from Goodman.

Good luck.
    Warranty parts are only available to contractors.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    2 years is the life expectancy of Gooman. time for a new one.
    I just love to hear the whining of those getting their butts beat by Goodman dealers

Quote Originally Posted by sarpanch2001 View Post
    one more vote
    And yet another one who cannot compete in the open market. Oh boo-hoo

OK, pros only; just how many two year old IDB's have you had to replace other then those connected to a problematic vent system?

The last one I came across was on a grossly oversized furnace that cycled from the limit switch rather then the thermostat.

Once the RNC market completely dries up and all systems are less then 10 years old, you guys are going to be very fortunate that there are so many badly applied and installed units out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    OK, pros only; just how many two year old IDB's have you had to replace other then those connected to a problematic vent system?

The last one I came across was on a grossly oversized furnace that cycled from the limit switch rather then the thermostat.

Once the RNC market completely dries up and all systems are less then 10 years old, you guys are going to be very fortunate that there are so many badly applied and installed units out there.

well to be honest
    i am mostly Lennox and have replaced quite a lot of inducers on newer units
    motors seem to go bad a lot lately. Since most of these motors are used by all manufacrues then the problem is industrie wide not just to one brand

why is goodman or anyone esle not affected by this when the motor is made by the same companies

I advise u to contact the contractor who installed the system 2 years ago, if they r still around.

Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    well to be honest
    i am mostly Lennox and have replaced quite a lot of inducers on newer units
    motors seem to go bad a lot lately. Since most of these motors are used by all manufacrues then the problem is industrie wide not just to one brand

why is goodman or anyone esle not affected by this when the motor is made by the same companies
    I am actually referring to recently manufactured furnaces. You are correct that there have been some issues across the board with some of the IDBs being used, especially the ones manufactured by Jakel a few years back.

Now that Jackel and Fasco are one company it seems they have figured out how to keep the bearing retainer rings in place.

Hey Robo, if Goodmans are so good, why are there so many fuk dup Goodman/Janijunk threads?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

In case no one has mentioned it yet, if your unit was installed in a different position then was set up for ( multi position) and the installer did not change the pressure switch location mounting point to match the orientation of the installed furnace, (WHEW!) you may have water in the tube coming out of the pressure switch to the inducer or combustion manifold. Call your installer and have him check it. do not attempt this your self. Also have him check the flue pipe.
    Genius = The guy who can do anything...except make a living!

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Hey Robo, if Goodmans are so good, why are there so many fuk dup Goodman/Janijunk threads?
    Because people like you work on them

Percentage wise, there are no more Goodman issues than there are with any other brand. It's just that whiny techs thinking that talking trash makes them sound good keep threads about Goodman going.

The whiney threads about Goodman are the best advertising that Goodman could get from this site.

Robin, how do you fix things and pretend to be a know it all when you sit in an armchair all freakin day playin with yourself?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

All brands have failures from time to time. It is how the distribution channel fixes it that should matter. That said Lennox, Carrier, Heil, All icp crap and anything else that I dont sell is junk
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Goodman furnace problem

Answer: yup, usually is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast