Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Confused Goodman Furnace Problem

I have a 2 year old Goodman Furnace which is having this problem.

I get 3- blinking lights which in the pressure switch failure to close.

I checked the pressure switch simply by sucking on one end and using a continuity tester and looks OK.

The draft inducer fan is not kicking on and gets warm- I think it might be frozen and need replacement? Or is this a control board problem?

Here come the "This is not a DIY site" replies.

Call your HVAC contractor being it is only 2 years old should have warranty on it still. Don't take this personally just as the post said this is not DIY site no one on here will tell you yay or nay on doing things yourself it is one of the site rules sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Smallman View Post
    I have a 2 year old Goodman Furnace
    I believe you have a 5 year parts warranty from Goodman.

Good luck.

Without one of us or another HVAC professional standing there with our meter or watching what's going on, what do you expect us to tell you. Yeah, its the board, or yeah its the motor. What if its neither one? What if it is both? What are we supposed to do? I hate to sound rude, but why don't you call somebody to fix it. We can't reach through our screens to fix it for you.

2 years is the life expectancy of Gooman. time for a new one.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinner73 View Post
    2 years is the life expectancy of Gooman. time for a new one.
    one more vote

Save time money and all that other stuff, call the installing company to repair your system. They should fix it under, whats that word, we will fix it for free for x number of years after purchase thing! Best bet in town. Get the best return on your investment, CALL THEM!

oh comeon your guys be nice for once
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by lolson; 01-11-2008 at 04:48 PM.
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Furnace Problem

Sorry,

I should have read "site rules" for inquiries. I didn't even know what DIY stood for. I will seek information elsewhere, and get off this site. Sorry to bother the HVAC scientists for a little free info. Where's the DIY site for DIY's?

Im gonna say that 60 percent of the Goodman haters in this forum actually do sell and install them.Then they post here like they despise Goodman. It is a cheaper alternative to the big name, big dollar brands. I always shoot 2 bids, one high end system and one low(cough Goodman)end cost.

Pretty sure I recall seeing a lot of the same brand internal parts ie. inducers, ignitors, blowers, and controls in every furnace on the market these days. Here another thing. Ive had customers who bought from the high end of the chain. What do i hear when they call me 3 years later. " I bought this furnace with a warranty extension, it got fixed but it took 5 days to get done "

You guys can keep your carriers, bryants, yorks, and lennox's. I like to offer my customers something that doesnt involve taking a 2nd mortgage on their homes. Any of you guys heard this on a estimate before, "Um were going to be selling the house we dont wanna spend a lot" Then you are back at there house 5 years later

why do people always say they are selling when it comes time to installing new stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Smallman View Post
    Sorry,

I should have read "site rules" for inquiries. I didn't even know what DIY stood for. I will seek information elsewhere, and get off this site. Sorry to bother the HVAC scientists for a little free info. Where's the DIY site for DIY's?
    call a pro for your own safety
    I dont warranty Tinkeritus

Quote Originally Posted by NRGwise View Post
    Any of you guys heard this on a estimate before, "Um were going to be selling the house we dont wanna spend a lot"
    2 words...Weather King.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast