calibratable thermometer

Is there a dependible digital thermometer out there that I can calibrate it myself when needed?

to answer my own question..
    I bought the fieldpiece ST4.It's pretty good.You can offset both readings from the front screws.the only minus is operating ambient on the low end is only 32F.

Fluke 52 and 54
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Most of the handhelds are calibratable, but if you're only checking in an ice bath, then you are only doing 1 point. Better to have annuals done by an instrumentation shop or authorized agent and get certifications for 3-4 points, then you have accountability as per ISO. Most of our clients need that cert for the FDA anyway, when we come and do the PM or repair for their equipment.

Thumbs up

Also your DMM by the power company. Had this done by LIPA, when a customer lost product in "brown-out" causing compressor problems I showed the cert in court. Judge said "Pay the man" !
    RAM Teaching Tomorrows Technicians Today.