Trane Voyager Heat Exchanger

We condemned the heat exchanger in a 13 yr old 10 ton Voyager. I called Trane parts to get a price to send a quote to our customer, They want over
    $10,000 for it. I cant believe what Im hearing. They obvisouly are going to get a new unit and it wont be Trane. I wondered if any body else has had this experience?

Trane may sometimes be high on their prices but you may have gotten a mis-identified part...sometimes it happens. go to the counter and help them identify it just to be sure. one model or serial number digit off could mean a whole lot.

good luck.
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

ac/dc .. i am new to sight .. are you set up on comfortsite.com... trane site for all parts and equipment break downs ...

Yes there was a mistake, The guy at the parts counter got something wrong.
    His manager got the right price and it was reasonable. Im glad I posted because when he told me that I asked him to double check and he confirmed
    that price. I was convinced it was the price. I will take the advice and get
    set up on comfortsite. Thanks alot.

We get all of our trane parts from midwest parts. they offer very good prices and great service

I found a bad HX last week on a YCH unit and they wanted $1200 or it because It came with new inducer mtr, gas valve and everything.

Sounds like they made a change to things shortly after it came out and they wont sell you just the heat exchanger on the older units.

but 10,000 is way to high. some one must have got a # wrong at the parts house.

I'm kind of curious what that 10,000$ part was for?

post if you ever find out.
    I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.

What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.

VETO PRO PAC, The Official Tool Bag of HVAC-Talk.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn79 View Post
    I'm kind of curious what that 10,000$ part was for?

post if you ever find out.
    ill bet it was a compressor.

I needed to change out an evaporator on a 5 ton voyager. Trane told me 1500 bucks and I almost died. They also told one month cause they had to build it in Florida. One month later it arrived in a box the size of a 5 ton package unit. I opened it up and it had a condenser coil in it also??? WTF???
    PLUS the evap coil was not sealed so it had all kinds of fuzzy foam packaging pieces in it.

I called them and told them and they said they'd build me another one which would still take them another month to build??? They told me to keep both the dirty evap coil and the condenser coil and if they did not contact me within a month I could keep both coils!!! They are raping us on parts because they are giving sh!t away!!!

Thankfully this unit cooled a locker room that was hardly ever used.

free coils =free beer to me.

Dont know why trane screws up so much. I replaced a BUNCH of cond. coils this summer that were damaged in a tornado. They kept sending the wrong ones but said to keep them because it cost too much to ship them back!!!!! I believe we ended up scrapping 4 perfectly good cond. I believe each one cost about $2000.
    Bring back rotary phones so we dont have to press 1 to proceed in ENGLISH!!!!

what is a
    the model and serial, that is definately got to be mistake.