Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,716

    Alerton TDS Software/Key Needed

    Can any one tell me where I can purchase the TDS/Key? Does the local dealer have to sell it to me (we are obviously competitors in the controls market), or can I purchase/acquire it another way?
    jogas

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,716
    Isn't there anyone who can answer these questions?
    jogas

  3. #3
    I think you have to be an Alerton dealer in order to purchase TDS. To my knoweldge, they will not sell the the product to anyone that is not an authorized dealer. This is similar to what I have seen with their other software packages.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by misternorth79 View Post
    I think you have to be an Alerton dealer in order to purchase TDS. To my knoweldge, they will not sell the the product to anyone that is not an authorized dealer. This is similar to what I have seen with their other software packages.
    Will an Alerton dealer sell to a non-dealer contractor?
    jogas

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by jogas View Post
    Will an Alerton dealer sell to a non-dealer contractor?
    jogas
    I have a feeling that whether or not they'll sell to you will depend on how "nice" the dealer is. For example, the controls company I deal with, they exclusively license engineering software to us dealers and no one else outside our coverage territory. They even go as far as licensing the software in a limited manner where the license exprires after a year - thus there is a continual country club fee to keep the software good and service sites.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    984
    http://cdjones.com/lineCard.shtml

    This company will sell it to you, get ready to pay for it if it for the Ibex system the last one we priced out was $1400
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawker View Post
    http://cdjones.com/lineCard.shtml

    This company will sell it to you, get ready to pay for it if it for the Ibex system the last one we priced out was $1400
    Thanks for the reply.
    I think we'll need the TDS software/key first. Does that require an annual license fee? Any idea on it's cost?
    jogas

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Area 51
    Posts
    984
    There is no annual fee that I know of. The two versions of the operating systems are the older Ibex and the newer Envision. The Ibex hardware is being phased out and will become harder and more expensive to purchase . Ibex hardware is being replaced by the BacTalk hardware that is Bacnet compatible. The licensing is all done by purchasing the Key that plugs into a printer serial port. I have never been charged for the software only a one time charge for the key. You need to be specific on what type of key you want they sell a key designed to remain on the host computer and remains active all the time and they also sell a " Tec-Key" that only works for a short time to allow a technician access. The Ibex software will only operate on a computer running windows 98 or earlier version of windows. The Envision will operate on Windows XP and later.
    "Paddle faster, I hear banjo music"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,716
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawker View Post
    There is no annual fee that I know of. The two versions of the operating systems are the older Ibex and the newer Envision. The Ibex hardware is being phased out and will become harder and more expensive to purchase . Ibex hardware is being replaced by the BacTalk hardware that is Bacnet compatible. The licensing is all done by purchasing the Key that plugs into a printer serial port. I have never been charged for the software only a one time charge for the key. You need to be specific on what type of key you want they sell a key designed to remain on the host computer and remains active all the time and they also sell a " Tec-Key" that only works for a short time to allow a technician access. The Ibex software will only operate on a computer running windows 98 or earlier version of windows. The Envision will operate on Windows XP and later.
    I appreciate the reply.
    Is the TDS (Tux Development Software) available separately from the Ibex or Envision?
    jogas

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event