Thread: help

help

I changed thermostats on our roof top units(traneYC300)and now the air wont switch on.The new thermos are honeywell vision pro 8000

The Honeywell vision pro is AC voltage I think......

What kind or RTU's are they Trane?

You can wire Voyagers and Precedants for either voltages DC or AC.

Not too much info to go on, so if I'm directing you in the wrong direction I apologize.
    I love to Cook...HVAC is a hobby that pays the bills!

Were the thermostats that you removed Trane's because if they were your Honeywell T-stat will not work with the voyager controls unless you purchase a TCI card. I am not sure what that stands for but without it you wont be able to use a non trane stat or sensor. It is a little card that is added to the circuit board.

Quote Originally Posted by mustardman View Post
    Were the thermostats that you removed Trane's because if they were your Honeywell T-stat will not work with the voyager controls unless you purchase a TCI card. I am not sure what that stands for but without it you wont be able to use a non trane stat or sensor. It is a little card that is added to the circuit board.
    careful...acronyms can get tricky . TCI stands for Tracer Communication Interface...it is a different board. the CTI board is the one he would need (depending on unit configuration). CTI is Conventional Thermostat Interface. we need more info, like the entire model and serial number to see what was originally ordered. the H/W model number of the t-stat and the model number off of the old t-stat would be very helpful. more acronyms in our industry would also be helpful .

good luck.
    "Mother" is the name for God on the lips and hearts of children....The Crow

Jayguy is right i made an oops a little dislexic this evening I suppose.

I hate proprietary thermostat schemes.

Their only purpose is to lock the customer into OEM service.
    God Bless our Veterans

God Bless the USA

It is not a proprietary thermostat scheme, it is because in the real world of commercial installations there is a thing called BAS. The trane unit simply offers a way to do BAS and non-BAS systems easily, with a board change.

Not to be rude, but you already started one thread on this subject and received some good advice on the subject. Why not stick with it?