4 pounds of stew meat
    garlic salt
    5 medium tomatoes
    2 regular size cans of tomatoes
    1 large onion
    1 small can of jalepeno peppers
    1 jar of Old El Paso hot sauce
    green chilis ----- amount you desire

Brown stew meat in a frying pan. Add garlic salt to the meat while browning. Chop up the tomatoes, onion, the peppers and the green chilis. Also chop the canned tomatoes a bit. Add all the ingredients to the browned meat. Put in a crock pot and add some water, and cook on low for at least 8 hours. You cann add more garlic salt or any other seasoning to taste.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

I would shake that stew meat in a bag with flour and garlic salt before I browned it. I do this with all stews, green chili, etc. The browned flour of course falls off the meat during cooking and stirring and thickens the stew just a bit with a great flavor. You should try it with this recipe.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Sounds really good, think I'll try it but I have a dumb question... What are you calling ''stew-meat''? Is that a roast?

Thanks Spotts.

Tool-Slinger Fresh stew meat is usually taken from the tougher cuts of beef, pork, or lamb. It'll soften up after 8 hours in a crock pot.
    Aircraft Mechanical Accessories Technician. The Air Force changed the job title to Air Craft Environmental Systems Technician. But I've decided I'll always be a Mech Acc.

Damn I miss Colorado/New Mexico style chile. Best Mexican Food bar none.

Cant find anything close out East and blows Tex-Mex away. I tend to burn it when I try to make it. If I can even find Fresh Pueblos or Anaheims. also if you know how to cook (unlike me),try green tomatoes instead reds in a batch. Good Good stuff. Damn I'm hungry.

what no beans?

Quote Originally Posted by rjb7112 View Post
    what no beans?

That's right no beans. This is a stew with green chillis.

Anybody that knows BEANS about chili knows there aint no BEANS in real Chili.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

I have a 1 year old that makes something looks like that

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    And true chili is not to be confused with this stew that is made with green chili's

Quote Originally Posted by spotts View Post
    What is that, a Mexican chili? It looks like salsa. And what's up with the tortillas?...

Quote Originally Posted by MechAcc View Post
    And true chili is not to be confused with this stew that is made with green chili's
    Advertised correctly. OP said stew, not chili.