Honeywell commercial zoning

Does Anyone know anything about honeywell vav commercial zoning controls. I have 17 reheat vav boxs with zone sensors in each zone. My question is what software do I need to set the zone temps and what do I need to hook my computer to the ebus or zone sensor. I have tried to contact honeywell tech support and can't get any help there. I believe the controls are called excel 10. I have also tried to google that and can't find anything that helps out there either.

Do you have actual VAV boxes, or just zone dampers? If you only have zone dampers (no airflow measurement required), here's the website for the current Honeywell commercial zoning solution called Rapidzone.

http://customer.honeywell.com/rapidzone/

It gives detail on the parts and pieces that go together to make a zoning system, and some explanation on how the zone and associated air handling unit logic work.

In order to service an existing system, you will also need the original database that created the current system.

Do you have actual VAV boxes, or just zone dampers? If you only have zone dampers (no airflow measurement required), here's the website for the current Honeywell commercial zoning solution called Rapidzone.

http://customer.honeywell.com/rapidzone/

It gives detail on the parts and pieces that go together to make a zoning system, and some explanation on how the zone and associated air handling unit logic work.

In order to service an existing system, you will also need the original database that created the current system.

Yes They are Trane Vav boxs with electric reheat. Is there anyway to service the existing system without the database. The previous contractor did not leave anything but a peice of paper with what I assumed to be addresses. I dont think they will be coming back.

xl 10's can be programmed with a variety of honeywell programs not to mention a variety of lonworks software. if there is no front end pc with graphics i would guess they were programmed with either rapid zone or lcbs.

rapid zone is used for a VVT system and lcbs would be used for a vav system.

if you have lcbs you can plug into the system and discover the network and do some minor modification. however you can't discover bindings. bindings are used , for example, to send a discharge air temp from the rtu to all the vav boxes. lcbs is a relativley cheap program and your local honeywell distributor could probably set you up. it is a fairly simple program once you spend the time with it but it isn't something you can just load on a laptop and go to town with. do the wall modules have setpoint adjust on them or are they just sensors? also you may want to post this question on the controls forum.
    IV IV IX

use your head for something other than a hat rack.......Gerry

the sensors are just sensors, There is one sensor that has the ebus wires run to it with a little plug on it. I am assumming thats where I need to hook up my computer at. The rooftop unit is controled by metasys. Discharge air temp. start and stop the fan and compressor is all metasys is controling.