Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tiger's agent: 'Lynch' remark a non-issue

Hadn't heard about this (don't watch golf). Hope no other 'groups' stick their noses in a blow this out of proportion!

http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/...701417,00.html
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

She could have said that bout any golfer. Common phrase. This world is getting more and more sensitive every day.

Just hope the self professed reverends of the United States don't get it into their heads to 'defend' Tiger. They tend to show up when there isn't a real crime to defend the 'victims'.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already got phone calls from Tiger's people telling them to stay out of it. He's a pretty classy guy who has better things to do.

It's happened...
    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=4114577&page=1

Excerpt:
    Kelly Tilghman, the Golf Channel anchor who during Friday's broadcast from the Mercedes-Benz Championship said while discussing Tiger Woods' dominance that young players on the PGA Tour should "lynch him in a back alley," was suspended two weeks Wednesday for the remark.
    The move came after a wave of outrage that included a call for her to be fired by civil rights activist Rev. Al Sharpton and despite a statement from the Woods camp saying, "It is a complete non-issue."

how does he figure this:

Lynching is not murder in general; it is not assault in general. It is a specific racial term.

So, they didn't really lynch white cattle rustlers?

Racism certainly is out of control. We have got to do something about all of these racist Black leaders.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

For all you dumb m fers that talk about lynching is a racist term try to keep this in mind.

Lynching has been around for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years. More WHITE people have been lynched in the past then BLACKS will ever be lynched. Was the comment in general dumb. YES. Was it meant in a racist way. NO.

Why don't people read up on history before jumping to conclusions. Oh yeah. just for the record. Slavery was around way before Africans were brought over here also.

Sorry. Bad day. just venting. please continue
    another day of just living dream

Oh, As soon as this story started to kick off I did'nt doubt it a bit that ol'e Al Sharpton would be back on his feet to instigate something. I'm sure he can hear Jesse's footsteps coming up behind him now. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Trublshter View Post
    Oh, As soon as this story started to kick off I did'nt doubt it a bit that ol'e Al Sharpton would be back on his feet to instigate something. I'm sure he can hear Jesse's footsteps coming up behind him now. LOL.
    http://mfile.akamai.com/5020/wma/rus...cebrothers.asx
    It's great to be alive and pumping oxygen!

Oh my!

One can only hope, that with the class that Tiger Woods has always shown, he will protest MR. Sharpton's interference. I believe I read that Tiger and this lady have been friends for years. MR. Sharpton should only dance when he is INVITED.

Would it be wrong to refer to Sharpton and Jackson as Step and Fetch?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Do a search on 'lynch' at dictionary.com and you get several definitions, all mean the same thing and non of them mention race.

to put to death, esp. by hanging, by mob action and without legal authority.
    It seems to me if race is the first thing someone thinks of, who is truly the racist?
    Never knock on Death's door. Ring the bell and run, he hates that.

Views expressed here are my own and not neccessarily those of any company I am affiliated with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast