+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dectron

Post Likes

Dectron

Has anyone tried to integrate into a Dectron
    unit that has a Siemens OP393 III PLC controller?

Anyone know what the controller's protocol is?

Post Likes
    Iv'e never interfaced with the old Dotex controler only the new carel ones... Give them a call on it ... 1-800-667-6338

Post Likes
    Did you ever contact Dectron?
    I service one with a OP 393 and the keypad is dead, but system runs. Was wondering if you can access it through a laptop

Quote Originally Posted by d_d_c_jci View Post
    Has anyone tried to integrate into a Dectron
    unit that has a Siemens OP393 III PLC controller?

Anyone know what the controller's protocol is?
    Learning is a lifelong process

Post Likes
    Good luck with dectron. Last time I called the unit was 60 days old and I had to pay for phone support. The problem was defective controller that was found at startup by dectrons startup tec. They insisted we didn't need a new one. So after 60 days they finally relented and sent a new controller I Had to pay them to do some set up over the phone on an in warranty part. Oh and tec support is in canada and the phone bill was over $50. Good luck

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jd 07 View Post
    Good luck with dectron. Last time I called the unit was 60 days old and I had to pay for phone support. The problem was defective controller that was found at startup by dectrons startup tec. They insisted we didn't need a new one. So after 60 days they finally relented and sent a new controller I Had to pay them to do some set up over the phone on an in warranty part. Oh and tec support is in canada and the phone bill was over $50. Good luck
    They also have a office in Atlanta. Don't have the number handy now.

Post Likes
    Dectron in Georgia 800-676-2566
    Ask for Fran, he's great.
    Canada is at best, difficult to work with.
    jogas

Post Likes
    You paid for telephone support? Rats, no one ever tells me anything.
    Try Dectron Atlanta at 1-800-676-2566, which is toll free. That office definitely gives advice for free. It is a small office, though, so help is not always instantly available.
    Try Dectron Montreal at 1-800-667-6338. This is also toll free.

Post Likes
    Dido James, I've never paid either...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dectron James View Post
    You paid for telephone support? Rats, no one ever tells me anything.
    Try Dectron Atlanta at 1-800-676-2566, which is toll free. That office definitely gives advice for free. It is a small office, though, so help is not always instantly available.
    Try Dectron Montreal at 1-800-667-6338. This is also toll free.

Do you work at the Atlanta office?

Post Likes
    I am theoretically stationed in the Atlanta office, but it seems like I work everywhere.
    We try to have someone available M-F, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET. If you run into a problem, give us a call at 1-800-667-6338 (Montreal) or 1-800-676-2566 (Atlanta, technical problems only). We will need the model number, serial number, and reference number (if any) shown on the unit nameplate.
    Formal training is also available. It is usually arranged through the Atlanta office, but may be held anywhere (see above).

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dectron James View Post
    I am theoretically stationed in the Atlanta office, but it seems like I work everywhere.
    We try to have someone available M-F, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET. If you run into a problem, give us a call at 1-800-667-6338 (Montreal) or 1-800-676-2566 (Atlanta, technical problems only). We will need the model number, serial number, and reference number (if any) shown on the unit nameplate.
    Formal training is also available. It is usually arranged through the Atlanta office, but may be held anywhere (see above).

Are you the same James that does the training? If so, I was in your May class. I have told everyone it was the best class I have ever attended. I highly recommend anyone that reads this to go to the Dectron class if at all possible. You will not be disappointed. You will learn alot about Dectron and everything you learn you will be able to apply to other units that you work on. You will be a better technician after the Dectron class. If, your company will not pay to send you pay for it yourself and go. James is an excellent instructor.

I'm leaving for vacation Saturday. Not sure if I will be checking the site while I'm gone.

E.W.

Post Likes
    Aw, shucks, Mr. Freezone, don't make me any more conceited than I already am. No, wait, it's all true. What can I say? :-)
    Well, one thing I could say is "Thank you." It makes the work worth it.

Seriously, we would be happy for everyone to come to the seminars. We'll have many happy hours talking about dehumidification. Hopefully, everyone goes home able to solve most of those aggravations.
    For those big toothy problems, call 1-800-667-6338 or 1-800-676-2566.

To sign up for seminars, just go to http://dot-library.dyndns.org and follow the instructions.

Post Likes
    If Dectron James is who I think he is, He will be happy to talk many hours about Dectron and dehumidification. I, attended a class in New York 2 years ago, I will say this that it was very infomative, and useful, and If you attend don't forget your psychometric chart, it's your most powerful weapon when you have humidity problems, in any application.

And if you have problems I do recommend you call the Alanta office, everyone there is extremely helpful, I think they live, eat, sleep, dream, of Dectron

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in