+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adjustable temp sensor for Dx9100

Post Likes

Adjustable temp sensor for Dx9100

I have an application that reqires an adjustable temperature control and sensor to be mounted in the space. possibly with a a CO2 sensor combined, I would be interested to see some opinions on what might be the best aproach to accompish this, using a DX9100 controller, what hardware would best fit, I will be using the dual Pid module for a heating and cooling application. I have only used a remote space sensor with temperature adjustments at the display or the supervisory controller in the past

Thanks in advance
    Nick

Post Likes
    Are you looking for a space sensor with slide combined with a co2 sensor or do you need to know how to set up a dx so that a johnson sensor with slide will allow for setpoint adjustment?

Post Likes
    I would like to have some input on both actually, First I would want to know if there is a device with slide adjustment and CO2 (doesn't have to be Johnson). I am guessing KELE would be the place to look. But more importantly, how to apply it to the DX, Use a passive AI for the sensor? And an active AI for the slide? 0 to 10 or 4 to 20 output for the slide? Am I on the right track

Post Likes
    Why are you using the DX9100? A FX controller can save you alot of bucks.

Post Likes
    Actually I will be installing and programming the DX for JCI Branch to Waltz in and MAP to their existing head end. FX is not one of their acronyms if you know what I mean.

Post Likes
    Looks like your stuck with the DX9100, is the apllication routed to head end?

Post Likes
    I would just get a standard terminal block metastat with a slider, and then put a seperate CO2 sensor in the return.

Post Likes
    So, you just want to know how to set-up the slider for temperaure?

Post Likes
    Until preparing for this application I had not thought about how complex a simple thermostat for a heating and cooling applicaion with Set back could be.

Fortunatley I do not need to duplcate those algorithms, I just need to have an adjustable setpoint (slider)in the space, to control the heating and cooling. CO2 control will be a piece of cake.

Post Likes
    I thought maybe a TEC type thermostat in the space, using DI inputs to the DX. Seems like overkill, doesn't even sound right. plus the extra expense.

Post Likes
    you can program CO2 reset. But cant get a adjustable setpoint to work?
    What am I missing in your question?

Post Likes
    Standard Metastat with termnal block, come to think of it I have seen that on an OEM system before, with a DX, Seems like maybe 4 Seasons.

Post Likes
    Freddy, thanks for you input, CO2 is no problem. I think you may be right on the metastat, I can do some reseach on that, I am sure that will be what I am looking for.

Post Likes
    Hopefully cleancondenser will respond. He is the metasys master. He can help you out.

Post Likes
    Here is a DX9100 Metastat slider setup I have used in the past, it may not be correct for the the slider you are using.
    Measurement Units = 0
    Type of Active Input = 2
    High Range = 7.4
    Low Range = -5
    High Limit = 100
    Low Limit = -10
    Filter Cont = 0
    Limit Diff = 2
    The Rest = 0

Post Likes
    Mechdorn
    I was looking at the metastat, product info and this looks like it may be right, anyway it will be a good place to start.

Post Likes
    I am not sure if this would even work...? But-

How about using TE-6700 series room sensors with the warm cool adjust?

Might (can) they work somehow with the DX-9100 AI's?

Post Likes
    You can use the TE-67NT-1N00. The product cut-sheets will guide you through the install. Both inputs will be passive AI's, as the slider is just a straight potentiometer. Set your desired range on the passive AI and your good. Hope this helps.

Post Likes
    seems to me the sensors are 1kohm. If the slider is anywhere near this any old passive input would do. Just see what values it gives and plug them into a segment module for your output. If you want setpoint with the slider for for plus/minus add a calc module.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in