ALC Router question

Can anyone tell me the difference between the ALC LGE and LGR routers? I am looking at a system that has an LGE and I would like to pull data out of it via BACnet/IP. While I know this is possible with the LGR I can't find much about the LGE. Thanks

I've done it numerous times, with the WebCtrl flavor.

Did you have to run any kind of "export" utilitiy or were the objects alreday there? Also did you get setpoints? My understanding is that ALC does not give you setpoints. I have seen this mentioned here before, and if I look at the point list from say a VAV, "setpoint" is not in the list. Apparently ALC can write some code in the controllers and bring these out for a price of course.

Did you have to run any kind of "export" utilitiy or were the objects alreday there? Most were already there. Had to go into the properties of some devices and check the BACnet box to get access to certain items that were not initially exposed.

Also did you get setpoints? My understanding is that ALC does not give you setpoints. I have seen this mentioned here before, and if I look at the point list from say a VAV, "setpoint" is not in the list. Apparently ALC can write some code in the controllers and bring these out for a price of course.
    Some. I believe it's dependent on the sensor/stat used for room control. I think a logistat is one where setpoint is not available. Others setpoints, like HW or Bldg Press. may just need checked for BACnet. I have had ALC rewrite some that exposes room setpoints when it was requested by owner.

I believe that the LGR is a newer version of the ALC Router. Other than any software changes that they may have made, it should be like any other BACnet router with objects associated to it.

Thanks for the info, I think I have it figured out now.