Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Here is NW Pennsylvania, many people don't even have A/C because it is fairly cool in the summers here. I am regretting now the extra expense of the 2 stage at this point. From what I calculated in energy, there is a negligable difference in the summer for having the 2nd stage. Anyhow, I lower C010 to 85 last night but haven't been home to see how it is doing. I'll keep you updated. Also, I sent an email to Steffes a few days back and haven't heard anything. Do you have a tech contact email that I could bounce some thoughts off of in the future? Thanks again.

So I have been experimenting with the C010 settings. At 85, I did not see a big change in the amount of Steffes modulation. At 80, I did see a significant decrease in daily energy consumption, the HP is running on the high stage quite a bit. As anticipated, the house now feels 'drafty' with 80F air exiting the registers. I sent an email to Steffes tech support but have not heard back. It would seem the Steffes unit could make some of these decisions and override the thermostat for the high/low stage calls? As of right now, my daily kWH consumption is down from about 150-180kWH/day to about 90-100kWH per day. This is good news for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12