Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It's a PC9*

I have a pc9 also with noise problems! My contractor&York rep just left three hours ago.The factory rep told the contractor to replace the inducer motor,the main blower motor,the blower motor module,and blower motor
    wheel.The unit is 14 months old,thank god for ten year parts &laborwarranty!!

Quote Originally Posted by slick1234 View Post
    It's a PC9*
    Is it noisy at the furnace or throughout the home? Did he take any duct pressures?

And, there are jumpers on the control board to select the proper fan speed.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Its noisey at the furnace!,and he checked the dip switch settings!he said he thought the inducer motor had a bearing noise.relacement of blower motor parts is due to vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by fatjack View Post
    Its noisey at the furnace!,and he checked the dip switch settings!he said he thought the inducer motor had a bearing noise.relacement of blower motor parts is due to vibration.
    My post wasn't directed to you. Notice the quote.

Thanks guys...the dip switches are for the Continuously ON setting. There is no dip switch for the blower speed (this is the first thing I though, but no control for this).

It is noisy though out the house. He didn't take pressure readings in the duct work....My problem is the contractor is my Brother in Law and he is an Refrigeration guy and got me furnace at wholesale.....his first install and my first mistake.

Yeah, thank God for warranties...

Look, I'm not trying to be argumentative. However, there ARE several jumpers on the furnace control board that need to be set for airflow. Also, there's more to installing your furnace besides connecting the duct and setting the gas pressure.

Where are you located?

I appreciate all that you are doing and saying....I have the service manual and training manual for service people - the dip switches are: Continuous fan, A/R, Delay, Cooling Speed, and Adjust.

http://www.yorkupg.com/PDFFiles/172079-UUM-C-0606.pdf

page 6.

I was looking at the Control Board for other models and they have specific jumper for blower speed, that is why I was saying.

Thanks.

York 9CP Affinity Furnace

I am about to have a York PC9B12N080DH11 installed, modulating, 80,000 BTU, 1,200 CFM. In a 1/7/2008 post slick 1234 stated his York 9CP was very noisy and another post indicated noise like a jet plane. Did York solve the problem?

The York 9CP furnace will replace a York 58MVB, 80%, 120,000 BTU, 2,000 CFM variable speed fan that that was installed in November and has severe noise problems. The fan sounds like a 747 jet taking off that you can hear all over the house and across the street with the garage doors closed. York replaced the motor three times, it did not solve the problem. They will take back the furnace and install another one. I will pay the difference for the modulating furnace.

In going through all the manuals and HVAC links the 58MVB was way over sized for my house. I was replacing a 42 year old 120,00 BTU furnace that did a good job of heating the house. The return air duct is 16 inches in diameter which appears significantly undersized for the 2,000 CFM blower. At lowest setting the blower runs a at 1,530 CFM on stage 1 and 1,800 CFM on stage 2. I do not plan to install air conditioning. It looks like the York 9CP will work fine.

Any comments? Also did York solve the 9CP noise problem?

Thanks

hello! My contractor replaced inducer motor,and blower motor complete with new module &blower wheel!the blower motor rumble at start up is still there with vibration at certain speeds.the inducer motor is worse than before.
    so now we have two new motors coming from the factory.As for your problem
    you need to talk to a pro named (beenthere) he is the york man and really knows his stuff!Im sure he is going to tell you that you need to have a manual J&D test on your home to size your furnace right! your furnace in my opinion is probablyto big.As for as blower motors go,i think variable speed is the only way to go!

Have you fixed the duct deficiencies as suggested by the York representative?

My blower motor noise is a rumbling noise at start up and a vibration that you can feel by touching the furnace and gas pipe! it only does this at certan speeds,other wise you cant hear the blower at all! im sure the induction motor that they put in was just a defective unit because it sounds like the fan inside the housing is rubbing!

You didn't answer the question.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast