Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Transport Refrigeration

I think this forum needs a dedicated Transport Refrigeration topic like Commercial and residential have here.

It seems evertime i come here i get lost trrying to find it. in the ice making.

Just my opinion

Regards R-T
    "Keep it simple"

To me refrigeration is refrigeration.

If the site admins were to break out transport refrigeration for you, next thing you know people would be wanting the refrigeration forum broke into:

1. Supermarket service
    2. Remote and Self-Contained Service
    3. Refrigeration Installation
    4. Refrigeration Controls
    5. Ice Machine Service
    6. Soft-Serve Service
    7. Ammonia Refrigeration Service
    8. Ultra-Low Temp Refrigeration Service

And so on

There would be so many different headings a guy would spend 20 minutes just deciding which forum to start-up a thread.

My suggestion is to set yourself up to receive daily updates from the refrigeration forum. That way you can see all the new topics and which threads have been updated...........on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    To me refrigeration is refrigeration.

If the site admins were to break out transport refrigeration for you, next thing you know people would be wanting the refrigeration forum broke into:

1. Supermarket service
    2. Remote and Self-Contained Service
    3. Refrigeration Installation
    4. Refrigeration Controls
    5. Ice Machine Service
    6. Soft-Serve Service
    7. Ammonia Refrigeration Service
    8. Ultra-Low Temp Refrigeration Service

And so on

There would be so many different headings a guy would spend 20 minutes just deciding which forum to start-up a thread.

My suggestion is to set yourself up to receive daily updates from the refrigeration forum. That way you can see all the new topics and which threads have been updated...........on a daily basis.
    HMMMM you know that would be great idea if a person could come here find exactly the topics there mainly interested in.

You are right Refrigeration is refrigeration the fundamentals and principles are applied in the same manner, But do you or any other commercial or residential HVAC service tech service and diagnose the following on a daily basis Diesel engines, power generators, automotive type low voltage charging sytems and some of the other misc added components that go along with transport temperature controlled systems??????

Can you tell me the firing order of direct injected isuzu DI-SE engine, found in Thermo King?
    What is the fuel injection pump timing spec?
    Can you tell me what the threeway valve does on thermo king?
    Can you tell me what the SV1, SV2, SV3, and SV4 valesd do
    Can you tell me what the stepper valve or electronc throttling valve does?
    Can you tell me ther algoryth of what carrier ultra needs for improving heating conditions based off ambient and or suction pressure transducer.

I dont mean to sound like a wise guy but, your comment above hardly sounds fair to the transport techs, by stating Refrigeration is refrigeration.

As far as headliner named Transport/ACR, you could talk about most of those topics you listed above.

TRU Refrigeration Installation.
    TRU Refrigeration Controls
    Truck trailer TRU
    Marine/Genset
    Transit/Coach Climate Control

Anything and everything could be talked about in the dedicated page.

Just like Commercial and residential there are many topics under that that can be discuseed.

But in the endd It was just my opinion.

Regards R-T
    Last edited by Reefer-Tek; 01-07-2008 at 09:32 AM.
    "Keep it simple"

Opinions are good - that's what make this site work............in my opinion

I understand what you are saying about the subtopics under transport refrigeration - but - people are already getting worked up about the size of the sites front page.

Half the time new members are posting questions etc. in the wrong forum now for Pete's sake. Just imagine what would happen if more and more forums and sub forums were added.

Personally, I have a hard time keeping up with all the posts on the different forums as it stands......

Send an email to the Admin-Dude.........worst he can do is say no, right?

Why don't you request the service manuals from the manufacturer? That would be your BEST source of information.

not to mention transport reefer guys are usually fag boys.

[SIZE="7"]I just KKEEEEEIIIIDDDING [/

I would think it would be a great idea to have transport. Maybe more than that, like cascades and such. pretty different stuff than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    not to mention transport reefer guys are usually fag boys.

I just KKEEEEEIIIIDDDING

I would think it would be a great idea to have transport. Maybe more than that, like cascades and such. pretty different stuff than normal.
    Good Grief

What would he do if I wasn't around to hold his hand?

Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    Good Grief

What would he do if I wasn't around to hold his hand?

I'll bet he would get him self in real deep sheet.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Someone call me?

Hmm, transport refrigeration huh..

Tell you what. Let's wait until the Educational Forum gets up and running. There are going to be over 20 new forums with that alone. (And I do not have a date on this as by my decision, I keep out of all the committee functions and how they operate)
    Right now they are working on a new design, I think, to decrease the main page and make things easier to find.

BTW: I have been getting emails recently to shut down, make pro only, most of the forums on this site...
    Your admin and the Ed guy don't want to really do that, but, after all, it is our site......Then again, with all of the non pro members, and pro members that keep on giving out DIY instructions.........

Admin is right when the EF come's on line WHOW lot's of info to be had.
    so sit tight for now.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

I want it done. And I want it now. I don't care if your dealing with the world nuclear threat. Get it done.

Admin, only joking.

I dunno, I mean Heybob whined and got oil burners. The old timers begged like foolish school girls and got the grill section. I think you can say that Transport is more special a topic than the seniors here who have a bad grill day.

I mean, cmon.

Shane - you are in rare form tonight......

Oh boy

I surely didnt mean to cause all of that comotion.

Maybe there is not enought transport techs in this forum to support such an idea.

It probably is a good idea to have some of the info posted for prof, vs DIY or the weekend warriors.

regards R-T
    "Keep it simple"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast