Found a discrepancy between EPA book and test question... help!

Frown Found a discrepancy between EPA book and test question... help!

I'm set to take the EPA exam Monday and tonight I found a discrepancy between the study book (and the CD rom it came with) versus a practice exam question in the back of the study book. I'm wondering when I'm taking the test Monday if I'll have a choice between the two answers that don't match eachother (5 pounds versus 100 pounds). I only bought the book last week, so it's the newest one out (13th edition from March 2007).

On page 95 of the book, it says "According to the EPA, there is approximately 5 pounds of refrigerant vapor left in an average 350 ton chiller at 0 psig (14.7 psia) once all the liquid refrigerant has been removed."

However, on page 119 in the book, the practice exam (AND the question on the CD rom's exam) asks the following question:
    "About ______ pounds of refrigerant vapor remains in an average 350 ton R-11 chiller at 0 psig pressure once all the R-11 liquid has been removed"

The answers to choose from are .5, 10, 100, and 1000. 5 pounds is not an option, PLUS the answer in the back of the book says the answer is 100. When I click on More Information on the CD Rom, it points me to the above section of the book, which says the answer is 5.

So, which is it - 5 or 100??? And this has me wondering what other information that I've studied and memorized are also incorrect, which might lead me to failing the test Monday. If the book doesn't agree with itself and possibly the test I'll take Monday have varying questions and answers, I'd be very diappointed to have wasted my time studying incorrectly. And I'd be extremely angry to have to pay to retake the exam if I fail, plus the extra time unlearning what I've already gone over and the time I'll have to take to relearn correctly.

I think it's 100

I'll see if i can find my old papers

Thanks. I'm wondering, though, if on the test they give me both options, what I should choose. Even if the correct answer is 100, I could always point to the book that gives a different answer. Hopefully, if I get that question on the test, they'll only give me 3 options plus the correct answer of 100 pounds.

Use common sense, I didn't study and got Universal Tech. first time without studying. (then again this was 89' ) If one reference say's 100# then thats the answer. The test is made up by beauracrats that have never been in the field. Give them the answer they want.

My "study" material was exactly the same as the test i took. 5 is not even an option....

Extremely little of this is common sense for someone who has no background at all and is just getting their feet wet, Executioner. Suprising to me, I'm sure I could have answered some of these questions before I even opened any HVACR related book just by using logic. But the question I started this thread about isn't something that logic would work for for someone who has no background in any related field. Give me an 18 wheeler and I'll show you what to do with it. But this stuff is all new to me.

That test is a joke.
    I'm sure you will be qualified to work on a 500 ton chiller after you pass it.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

The main point of the question is to tech you that liquid R can remain in a system at 0 gage pressure.
    The amount can and will vary greatly, depending on type of R, volume, ambient temp, rate of recovery and whether you used heat in the process, etc.