Dewalt 6-in-1 Bit

How do you guys like the 6-in-1 bit from dewalt. i saw it in the christmas tool thread and decided to ask. I havent seen them before but i know that like on the screwdriver bits from dewalt, if you take out the phillips bit and try to use it as a 1/4 hex bit it will strip out the bit real fast. does the same thing happen when using the 6-in-1 as a hex bit?

I just picked up the 6 in 1 last week. I did not try it as a nut driver as I had the 5/16 and 1/4 Dewalt nut drivers on hand to put in the 1/4 driver. To me it does not look like it would stand up to be used as a nut driver. Now on the other hand I did buy the http://www.irwin.com/irwin/resources...crewdriver.pdf Now that works great as a nut driver. 1/4, 5/16 and 3/8 nut driver all in one.
    I have the the 6-1 in my hand right now and pulled the bits out and the 1/4 nut driver looks very thin to be used as a nut driver on the other hand the 5/16 is solid looking.
    Peter
    Last edited by ptemko; 01-06-2008 at 09:48 AM.

I use a Stanley #394610, and by the looks of it, it is the sturdiest I've seen.

im talkin bout a 6-in-1 bit that will go on a drill/impact not a hand tool...does stanley make one too

Trying to find a # for the DeWalt, so I can see if we're talking about the same thing. Got one?

I have had he dewalt 6-in-1 on my I-Driver for over a year now and it still works just fine. but then again that is limited to 80 inlb of torque. I have not tried it in my impact but would expect a shortened life.

That is the one I have been using for 2 weeks now no problems so far.

Peter
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Just a little side note the cartridges from most 10-in-1's like klein and others fit nicely into the dewalt 6-in-1. I have 4 cartridges set up with different drives in a bosh belt holster it works grate and I rarely touch a screwdriver or nut driver anymore.

Hope you enjoy